Below is Tome 3 I appliqued the arch and cut out and stitched down the flowers. The image is from the pattern. Four of us made this tome face so we could share supplies. We had a lot of fun and persuaded Lois she can make errors. She made a fabulous postcard from a face she considered incorrect.(Life is hard for perfectionists!)
This side is a mess. I have made so much with Tyvek since that first time Patti showed us how to use it in her Doll Chair Class that i wanted to try something different.(what on earth was I making a doll chair for, I must have thought I would make dolls ?) There actually is a face in that mess and the Tyvek and tulle were burnt away, along with some of the Angelina. I find Angelina sort of boring. It can be made into all kind of things once fused but for wings I find messing with cellophane much more fun.
Tome 6 is complete. 5 awaits inspiration for the reverse side. I did use the Dancing Dame for another project when my computer crashed and the great masterpiece disappeared and a time line loomed. I am working on Tome 7.
Deanie and i work on them together once a month. We decided to do our own thing with the techniques. Deanie was making sheep and I was making figures. Our inspiration was Barbara and Ray Hirst's Raised Embroidery books. They use needle lace and we both loved how they have brought raised embroidery up to date and fun. We are both happier with pictorial themes.