BEAD EMBROIDERY

This is my first bead embroidery bracelet and project since carpal tunnel surgery.  Beads were additions to silk embroidery never the star then.....   Vilene (an Aussie product like Timtex but thinner)was used as the base.   At the B&B show in Milwaukee last summer I bought two products, propeller beads and a brass bracelet base  for future use and somewhere read about bead embroidery.  I drew a design based on some art deco jewelry  and abandoned it day 2 of the project. Lets face it, I love to be free of all restraints!  I used some red sued for inside the brass bracelet and glued it with Beacons 3 In One.

 The bracelet was started on my trip to Florida.  On returning home two books on cabochons arrived.   I read and re read Sherri S & Heidi K's book just to feel I was on the right path.  I may have done better if i received it prior to starting the project and had a cabochon;  I loved their finishing techniques.   The big thing I learned from this project is the inside suede color should be the same as the edge beads then the thread will not show.  It is also a good idea to have a large variety of bead sizes.   Sherri uses 3 colors in different hues etc.  Will have to try that next time.  For me bead embroidery combines two of my favorite activities and it is great when traveling.

Comments

  1. Great job and color combo! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it and you have to wear it to show it off! This is so beautiful! Tropical color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422