Whining not wining

Now my wrist and thumb are fixed up I am back into beading.  Low and behold!!! I have nothing that truly goes with anything.  All the beads purchased at Milwaukee last Check Spellingyear were size 6.  now, why was I not aware that most beaded jewelry requires size 8 or 11?  There is no where here to buy seed beads, San Antonio has yet to reveal a good seed bead shop open daily during regular business hours.  There is a shop in Boerne and it opens at 10:30 for some reason I can never arrive when it's open or I am not beat from shopping in SA.  San Antonio does have a terrific stamp shop Stamp Antonio Arts http://www.stampantonio.com/  .  They create such interesting stuff and carry temptaions like no-one else.   it's enough to break the bank.  they have what is required when I travel and keep a journal.   To occupy myself  traveling down  I10 west requires something to do with hand and mind and that is beading.  So I must find a bead shop in central CA around Bakersfield and meanwhile figure out African helix.   

Ah well cannot get the image to download.  time for serious stuff

Comments

  1. Monica: Are you the person traveling to southern Ca. looking for quilt shows? The Santa Paula Oil Museum (805-933-0076) is showing reproduction quilts, March 29 to May 7. Santa Paula is about 10-15 minutes east of Ventura, Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two bead shops in Bako:
    Beads Unique (excellent) - 661-399-6523
    and Beads and Yarn Studio - 661-827-9660 (I've not been there.)
    The SLO sho is great! And there are a myriad of fine places to visit - including the Pacific Ocean!!

    Karyl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422