Home


California is the promised land.  It was spring and the farmers markets were full of lush strawberries and fabulous green veggies many of which I did not recognize.  We visited wineries in the Paso area and the San Ynez valley.   We spent a lot of time in SLO in a regional Park next to a place called the Men's Colony.  It was not a monastery as I thought!  We had a fabulous time and I tried to take photos to remind me of all the places we went to; here are a few.
    
This is me at the first wine tasting of the day and a half bottle with our picnic lunch.  It was cold

We went on two tours at the Hearst castle. I love the vistas, gardens, the building  and the pools but hated the baroque interiors, all so dark and oppressive.  Another example of all it takes is money.   I did like he did his own thing but then people that rich do whatever they feel like
this is me shivering on a bench at the beach access in Cambria.  Flowers grew down the rock face all the way to the beach.
This is Lake Nacimiento it is in the mountains behind hearst near SLO.  the night before it was bright and sunny and the clouds rolled down off the mountains like a curtain rolling down.  It was breath taking and another forgot camera moment.

We arrived home to a leaking water heater that Chris has now fixed, well almost.
On this trip I beaded and then bought some agate cabochons.  Checking out Jamie Cloud Eakin's book i found out they were really too thick and that once again my beads are all the wrong size and color.  So i spent hours trying out different colors, textures and sizes and other than gluing them to a backing I have made very little progress.  It did pass time on the road but i wish i had a magnificent creation.



Something tells me this is not going to me a magnificent obsession.

Comments

  1. I dunno, the agate beaded projects look kinda kewl to me...

    Thanks for a taste of my old home territory as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! You always make great things. Love your photos, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422