Friday, September 25, 2009

More bead weaving




This is a bracelet I started in a class with Sue Charrette-Hood on spiral peyote. I intended making a necklace but I was bored and so its a bracelet.


My friend Peggy is a terrific seamstress and on her blog today bubbled with enthusiasm for Sandra Betzina's latest patterns. Peggy's blog http://thehouseofkent.blogspot.com/

I read Sandra's blog and it was the accessories that moved me. Can't you all see me in thigh high boots. I may have to resurrect my platform shoes from the 70s. I wonder if i can find platform Crocs!!!

I love some of that big chunky jewelry they are showing. They must me made of some kind of plastics. I thought the one on the model on Sandra's blog could be made from the cardboard roll in toilet tissue and painted in glossy acrylic. Save those toilet rolls. I think I better return to making a fabric book.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha Monica! :) We are at both ends of the boot spectrum. Regular boots -- on me, booties. on you, over the knee! hee hee
    Have a great day and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.