Spring Dresses for Ella



    Simplicity 2684
I fixed the technical problem that i had with Ella's dress.  It is very cute.  I am getting the hang of little girl dresses and just love sewing for her.  Finally the how to make cute is emerging.  I added the butterflies and so seta paints to tart them up.






Here is the McCall's M5684.  It is not like the pattern the top is very narrow so next time i will make it wider.  I really love this dress.  iI made me want to make more.


I decided to make a Twirl skirt.  it really is a child's version of a broomstick skirt.  This was the first effort and I did not like it.  it does not fit my design idea.  So




a forth ruffle was added and the top layer was shortened.







  From what was on line most little girls have great fun with this skirt.  

Comments

  1. Yes, the fourth ruffle definitely did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lucky girls. I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the butterflies!!! Isn't sewing little girl clothes addicting?! Wait until American Girl doll fever hits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica;
    How beautiful. I love the dresses you made. So pretty. I just got back from Phoenix, Arizona... more on a sunshine vacation than an art vacation. I would love to go on an art vacation - how fun! I needed the sun though - it was snowing two Sundays ago here in Calgary! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE TO CHAT YESTERDAY AT ULTRA. WHO'S ELLA? GRANDCHILD?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422