Fiber paper

For a long time i have dabbled  with making fiber paper and was never pleased with the results.  Visiting Frieda Oxenham's blog I saw she made fiber paper for many of her projects and reading back through her blogs saw she used a slightly different technique.  I thought the difference was she used watered down white glue rather than a Gel Medium.  So i tried it

i stamped a piece of muslin soaked it with the water glue mix then added torn pieces of New Mexico , covered it with torn lime white tissue and torn napkin.  then splashed some fabric paint around as I have lots of the translucent variety.  Since the temperature was around 95 outside and 80 in my fingers were drying and pulling up the tissue.  No time to ponder just get it done.  Unlike Frieda's, she lives in cold Scotland, it was dry in 40 minutes and really dry after 20 minutes in the sun.  The photo is after it dried and I had stitched Peltex on the back.


Here is the second one. Rather than stamping the muslin I stenciled it.  This time i used lime green tissue paper that I had written on words before tearing.  I like white tissue better.   This is a technique i intend to explore.  

Now have to get my battle gear on and put the cats into their boxes to go to the vet.  next post will show what i made.


Comments

  1. I like your paper. I've made it using the white glue method also. Funn to do--but your fingers get really sticky!! Good luck with the cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I think this is your best one yet. You're really getting creative. Loved it. Hope you're not too scratched up from taking the cats. Hi Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with the technique, Monica. And it's amazing what a difference the temperature makes. I always have to be so patient before I can use my collage! And that's even in the summer. In the winter it takes up to 2 days for my collages to dry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422