Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sewing Again

 Finally back to sewing and two dresses for Ella are now finished.  
Here is the first one made with a Mary Giggles pattern that leaves much to be desired.  At Creations, the local quilt store, they had made this dress several times and i loved the combinations of fabric. Here the green is Tutti Fruitti a seersucker fabric, the bodice is a piece of fabric from my stash originally intended to be the lining.   It  just matched it so well I preferred it.  So the bodice is lined with the skirt band fabric.


I just had to show the details and covered buttons.






This is the second dress; skirt is turquoise seersucker and the top is a leftover cat fabric from some shorts that i HAD to use.  



The bottom hem is a  black and white piping above a band of black fabric with pink spots, made to pick up 3 of the colors in the cat fabric.

I appliquéd the cats onto the skirt as the plain, well was too plain and the kitties are darling.  Below is detail of the covered buttons.


Now on to a trial pair of shorts in a blue linen found in my stash.  Since surgery my buns appear to have descended so new pattern required.  Do you know how hard it is to find a shorts pattern for a woman over 25 who does not want a dropped waist and crotch exposed?

6 comments:

  1. These are so sweet!! I love the fabric and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica-both of these dresses are adorable!! What a lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know if you find a cute shorts pattern good for those of us with more "mature" figures!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, these turned out SO CUTE!! The covered buttons are purrrrfect! As is your new blog background. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA - almost makes me want to sew. I love the little dresses, and the fabrics. Even buying shorts or the shorter crop pants is not easy for those of us over uh - 12 er I mean 60 - short crotches RNOTME -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.