Sunday, April 17, 2011

Royal Bash, the best of British Shindigs

Planning to get up at some ungodly hour of the morning to watch the RW.  After all this is one of the dumbest things a retiree  can do.  Well not quite considering the last few days of Meyer Lemon Cheesecake, baking, stir fry and pizza making, dispersed with finishing artsy stuff my feeble mind decided to create a wedding dress for Kate or rather princess paper doll Kate.   the usual angst of color and fabric came down to what is in my stash and some good glue.  So she settled for cream satin, quite disgusted with the gel medium and not happy that the gems are topaz in her gown but after all she is still a commoner.    Not surprisingly she  had to shed a few pounds from her curvaceous form.  Many decisions remain, such as crown or  flowers or tiara.  her bouquet will require a last minute rush as flowers are somewhat sparse.  



The fitting was my not too palatial royal kitchen, no chance of here.


I should have had a challenge going on this one to see who was closest to the real thing.

3 comments:

  1. I love her dress and veil Monica!! Wonder how close it will look to the real thing. Are you really getting up at 3 AM??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're getting excited about the Royal wedding too! I shall be watching it on the tv from dawn to dusk with DD Hope. I love your paper Kate (or Catherine as we are now to call her), but surely she needs a groom......?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your whimsical side, Monica. I recently saw a poll asking people all sorts of questions, down to what color her gown would be. I see you voted for cream!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.