A journaling lesson

Taking a class from Kelly Kilmer   http://kellykilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/journey-of-you.html    called a Journey of you. This is an effort to make my next travel journal a little different.  it is so easy to get in a rut and find you have made the same thing over and over again. 


 this is how she described it. " In this workshop, you will learn how to create expressive collages using magazines or old books, a glue stick and a small handful of pens.". hopefully it will help to develop better composition and design skills.




here is the image after adding some writing.  Since my floor is littered with eyes i some how started thinking of bits of poetry so i looked them up on line and wrote them down .  (After all a journal is about writing. ).  unfortunately i had stamped the page with a Distress Ink pad.  As a result I was covered in ink and the effect was awful so i cleaned up the page with rubbing alcohol.  next came the white pen written over the other writing. think i should have doodled.  now to clean me up.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good class with a minimum of supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this info - I'll pop over and have a look-see. Your floor is littered with eyes??!! Great pages, I think you rescued it well from your Distress Ink incident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good class. I like the eye...and that you share your bloopers...I sometimes forget about the problems with Distress Ink too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back - this course looks just what I'm looking for so I've signed up!

    See you in class.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her classes definitely work for me - I'm signing up after camp! Lori W at Art Camp for Women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journaling class sounds fun and your pages show that! Distress ink can be a mess that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment on my blog post - it really helps because you are doing the class too. I struggle to think outside the box and not be too literal. Doing my pages was fun, but I couldn't help but feel that I didn't have a clue what I was doing!!

    Your comment on another of my posts about 3 days tidying up and so far the stuff on the table was now the stuff on the window seat really made me and my daughter laugh!! Oh yes, we so know that feeling!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422