Here is the fur coat i made for Ella. I mailed it today. Lets hope it fits and is fun to wear.
It is Simplicity 3940. it is a swing coat. The pattern did not call for a lining. it really needed it as the backing of the fur is a knit, not pretty and possibly scratchy. Neither is it thick. I lined it with silk dupioni that was in my stash. The inside is really a bronze color and because there was not enough for sleeves they are burgundy. The burgundy was a far superior silk but in the sleeves it will not be seen. the coat is a faux fur velour. The pressure on the pressure foot had to be reduced and the stitch length increased. This was discovered when the armhole and sleeve would not fit. otherwise it was very easy to make. i spent about 10 days making it. the buttons are square and are really ornamental as the coat is snapped shut. The buttons have hanging thread as we thought they looked like cat whiskers and after all it is cheetah skin!
This is one of the first images taken with my new Canon Elph 310 camera. It does just about everything except improve my photography. This coat had a nice texture.