Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Strathmore On line Workshop

Strathmore is again offering a  free 3, 4 week workshops.  Traci Bautista is the first instructor.  I signed up for all 3 knowing that I may just follow some of them.   First one is a kinda splash around of paint.  It is all about her technique and of course a chance to plug her new book Doodles Unleashed. it is all about layering and using different kinds of paint.

The first class was about spraying over stencils and found objects then doodling onto this background.  So I failed spraying 101.  Honestly my sprayer would not work!!! So today i will try again.   A great way to create backgrounds and us up old acrylic paint! 
She used a huge piece of watercolor and all that was in my stash was 9X12.  



So here are today's masterpiece collection.  They will make fabulous covers for some books.

11 comments:

  1. Did you cut rounds of needlepoint canvas? If not how did you make the open circles? I love your chocoholic photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very eye catching. I still have to go look at this workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee! Great vibrant colours and shapes. Looking forward to seeing what else you get up to on this course.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use for those round circles, Monica? They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Monica! I will attempt my first one today - got a computer set up in the art room so I can follow her instructions not try to remember...I am right up there with you and Janet on spraying stencil failure...I like what you've done and am encouraged. Lori de Froup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to sign up for that workshop. From what you have made, it looks like fun. It was also fun to read about your Christmas vacation and see all the FL photos. Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot to me. And I want to wish you a happy belated New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, these look wonderful! I love the bright colors. I'm going to try to do mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your papers! Covers for books is a good suggestion for use. I wondered what I would do with mine. Right now I have so many books I don't foresee making a book but they will go onto the "stack". lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO much for telling us about the Strathmore class. I joined and my pieces are far less worthy than yours! Thanks again for the push I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fantastic and I can image them translated into stitch.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the cool circles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.