Chunky Books month 3

This swap is great fun and all the pages received are fantastic.
 Month 3 the theme was Celestial.  I loved this theme and had a fab time making the pages.  Since there were 10 participants we had to make 10.  


The background was painted Pelltex and each goddess was made from dyed chiffon, the head is a clear glass bead; the hair was dyed goat hair and a painted acorn holder served as the vessel. (Collected in a Florida)


it helps me to create when i have a story. This is the story i wrote about the Star goddess.

 The Garden of the Star Mother Goddess
When the stars disperse their seeds, they are gathered in vessels and brought to the garden of the Star Mother Goddess for her to nurture in the folds of her gossamer robe. On reaching full shine and glitter she hangs them in the sky.  
On the next starry night peek into the sky and see if you can find her






Here is the chunky book with all the current pages. 



I have just completed the next page for the Circus theme.  The only circus i attended was scary and also a bug bit me resulting in a painful skin outbreak.     


Will publish nest page in a week or two.

Comments

  1. This should be a children's book. ARt and all. Great Job, Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I loved reading all the details about how you made your chunkies. I knew I loved the story, but I had no idea how you created them. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the story/legend that goes along with your beautiful goddess. Dyed goat's hair?!

    I guess circus' aren't for you then ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your moon goddess Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I've never heard of Pelltex, but from just the name, it sounds like I really, really need it (grin). I like that you create a story to accompany your art. It keeps you grounded, I can tell.

    I liked the Traci faces you made. I wish I had seen yours before I did my write-up on her book. Yours are pretty AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Goddess story and your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422