Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WOYWW #1


My first time to post with this group "What's On Your Worktop Wednesday"  (WOYWW).  The answer___ a messhttp://stamping-ground.blogspot.com      i have spent the last few days trying to create backgrounds etc for cards using my new collection of Distress Inks.  Unfortunately it is I who am Distressed.  Like all Ranger inspired projects using their products I never seem to have the right one.  To have the one someone is demonstrating requires a lottery win.  They have not just pigment &  dye but alcohol dyes, pigment this, that and the other, but variations of these that come in pads, reinkers sprays, washes and who knows what else.  


After this week of fruitless activity it occurs to me that I cannot nor ever will get the hang of traditional card-making as I lack the "neat" gene.  Then today  low and behold Anne Gaal, a real card maker,  comes up with a post that for me is inspirational; http://www.gaalcreative.com "Organizing Hidden Potential".  In my case the key word is hidden as in buried.  So I will read her blog much more carefully and aim for a less Ranger incited day of frustration.  Oh and in a moment of absolute brain fog i signed up for King Tim's class starting later this week where the class supply list has several more bank busting supplies i do not have.


A note on WOYWW.  i HAVE FOLLOWED SEVERAL BLOGGERS IN THIS GROUP AND EVERY WEDNESDAY SAY TO MYSELF NOW WHAT IS THIS, oh CRAP I forgot to turn off the cap key.


For those not indulging in paint and messing,  King Tim is, Tim Holtz, the reigning guru of the pad and stamp world and who along with Ranger Products will set any and all economies back on their feet.

5 comments:

  1. Monica, your craft room is huge!!!!! Welcome to WOYWW be warned its very addictive but fun!! fantastic news that you have signed up to Sir Timmie's course wow!!! love him, I hope you will enjoy that !! I love your desk I will have to round for a play all that space Fabulous, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica Welcome to WOYWW. It was my first time last week. Hope you get to grips with all your Ranger/Tim products. My advice is play and observe - foul soon discover new techniques and effects of your own!! Helen 105

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very tempted by Tim's class - I even thought I'd won a place on his blog, but no, it was another Jo :o( But as you say, I expect you'll need one of everything in the Ranger catalogue! I'm sure the class will be great and you'll pick up loads of tips on how to use what you already have.

    Your desk is wonderful - I LOVE messy art areas :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a crafty space, love the orange! Ranger has so many wonderful products I feel I'll never have the right one to hand! Hey ho it's Friday but I'm still snooping the WOYWW desks & loving every minute of it! Take care Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, Welcome to WOYWW ....we LOVE mess!!! Your craft room is such an amazingly great snoop and all your comments really made me laugh. You got TH and Ranger summed up in one! They have ways of making us spend!! Ha ha, hee hee !!
    Hope to see you here again,
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.