TAG CLASS AT STAMP ANTONIO

 A week ago I attended a class at Stamp Antonio to improve my skills in tag making, using Ranger products and further my new knowledge from the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101. 

these women were pros at tag classes! 

These classes are fast paced for me and my efforts are generally awful and require several more weeks of practice.  A rather impossible task as anything involving Ranger involves a gazillion products not in my studio.  This time 2 were completed, just like the teacher's, a  miracle, as copying is not something i am good at.  Copying  involves attention to detail and my head is always thinking of how I will do it. No career for me as a forger in sight!   


Here is the first one.  We used distress ink on an embossed tag, the top bit is a torn piece of paper stamped the covered with crackle paint applied and heated.  in my case over heated.   

the large dangle was another Tim Holtz embellishment and i added the coins that were soaked in alcohol ink.  Also changed the ribbon.  needs a quick stamp over with something.

For the second tag, his resist technique, we made the roses from a die cut and glued together.  Wonderfully messy.  i added that bow from my ribbon collection!
   
And finally tag 3 completed at home totally different from the class one. The background is stamped.  The image of the woman is a transfer using TAP (transfer artist paper) I changed the bottom adding a piece of gorgeous Japanese paper and made the fans.  The paper was given to me last night by a neighbor Carol, when i met her mother, MaryV, a card maker and crafter.  Carol does business with a printer and had a collection of end cuts from expensive stationary.  We had really fun and made flowers.


The piece d'resistance is the Japanese label, part of a gift from my friend Kay.   She is always picking curios up for me that i treasure as they are really perfect for the things I make.  This was a little packet of hello kitty beads .  They were the wrong color but the label on the packaging called to me.  Can't wait to use the kitties now. (I hope the Japanese does not translate into something crazy)

OK off to play with hello kitties, tags and paper 

Comments

  1. Well even though it wasn't your cup of tea you certainly jumped in the deep end and produced good results. It sounds such fun even though you were out of your comfort zone and that's not a bad thing to try as you've proved.
    Love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you -- I would never have guessed this was your first time at bat. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I like the Japanese style tag that you created best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags are lovely and I was drawn to tag 2.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tags have turned out really great Monica :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't you been having fun?! I really like your tags, well done for getting 3 finished so beautifully.

    I always find classes fast paced, there's a frenetic energy that I find usually totally stunts my creativity :o( Everyone always knows what to do, where to go, how to use everything, and I don't! I went to a class with my daughter Hope and another class goer sniffily told Hope she was using the heat gun the 'wrong way'. Er, hello?! We felt rather silly and haven't been back to a class since.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica--I can tell how much fun you are having branching out in a new direction! Isn't it fun to learn how to play with new toys? Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422