Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WOYWW APRIL11

Here is my worktop I worked on Tim Holtz CC101 but I do not have all the embossing tools and powders or many of his other products.  I never posted to his site as I was unable to transfer to his student gallery.


I hate making samples, it seems so boring and a waste of time as I can never find them but Tim's method of labeling the tags with his instructions were good so they all went into his folder except these two that I used for the cover of my last travel journal that is now almost a year ago.  it was the trip to Infineon and then the Sonoma -Mendocino wine areas.  



Since my supplies included so few of his many products I played.  This is using  Distress ink pad on glossy paper, drying it then stamping it with StazOn and a pigment ink from color box.  


  
before I started playing with the distress pads I managed to finish Ella's dress.



The design i saw in JoAnns included an apron but i decided it was better separate and if the apron got messed up the whole dress did not have to be washed.  here is the apron..  I am awaiting the delivery of some more material to make her a bag.  this was a design flyer i picked up in JoAnns that they modified from a Simplicity pattern that was, of course, sold out.  It just so happened it was the only time in my life I saw a picture of a made up item and the fabric was in the store.  So i bought what i thought was needed and used the Mary Giggles Pattern  and will make the bag when the material arrives my way.





6 comments:

  1. Monica--Ella's dress is just darling!! What a lucky little girl she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been having fun with those tags, and it's great that you've been developing Tim's 'recipes' even if it is because you lack his fast increasing stock of materials!

    Ella's dress is SO cute, she really is a lucky little girl to have such lovely things made for her. The fabric is gorgeous.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog post about my Limited Edition Sketchbook, I really appreciate it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a very good idea to start from the beginning with writing down all the instructions for the various tags. I did that in a class with Claudine Hellmuth once, and I go back to those recipes many times. (It's amazing how much we forget.)

    Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your work is absolutely lovely

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags! Happy to find you from the Ranger Ink group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.