WOYWW

Wednesday comes quickly.  what a week and now to my worktop.  the first image is the working side of the table and shows Monday's efforts to work with distress inks and improve my stamping.  to the left the tag is made from digital images from 1937 and the other tag uses  Daniel Torrence stamp from Stampotique .  the rubber stamp is an old post card.  the cuff needs repair and if i put it away it will not get done.  The buttons need reattaching with jump rings. 



I made a dress and skirt for Ella last week and finished the embellishments Monday.  Since Tuesday is art day with Deanie nothing was done in my studio it was 103F (39.4C)yesterday by 3pm, when i returned from her home in Boerne.  We spent the morning at the new Joann's in San Antonio.  Lots of lovely fabric and craft items.
here is the other side of my work top where everything was dumped .  that is the tiny purse made to match Ella's dress.



this is the dress with the purse.  the flowers at the neckline were cut with my Big Shot Die cutter.  the fabric is tutti Frutti seersucker and it is a modified Simplicity pattern.  it was a difficult pattern as the sleeves have that band.



The skirt is also tutti frutti fabric.  I will have to start buying a different brand of fabric.  

The embellishment on the skirt hem!



off to shop.  have a good one. Today will also be over 100F, 39.4c quite possible.

Comments

  1. Ella has got to be the best dressed little girl!! It is predicted to be 102 here today!! UGH!
    My problem with spray inks is deciding which colors to use together--usually I am good with color--but these have me stumped-I always end up with mud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica - Ella's dess is adorable! I can see the texture in the purse photo and it looks cool and airy. Definitely what's needed with these heat waves. :)

    Your desk looks fun and busy! It's great to practice stamping and such. I need to do the same!

    Cheers,
    Susan #126

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer, such a lot of creative projects! I love the tiny clothes.

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Ella!. Those clothes are so cute. You are always doing such interesging things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! Ella's sweet clothes are lovely, you are so clever. She will look as pretty as a Princess.

    Your work desk has lots going on, looking forward to seeing what you get up to.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's HOT!! Lovely tags and I just adore the fabric! What a lucky little girl! Thanks for popping by to see me today, Cindy #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what gorgeous clothes you've made - I love the bright colour combinations and the ladybird embellishments. You are clever :)
    Hugs, LLJ #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute - love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress and matching bag. My grandmother's postcarad collection is of sets of postcards sent during WWI (1904-1918). It is rather special. Thanks for stopping by BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ella's dress and skirt are brilliant, I love them especially the accessories. Those ladybugs are lovely touch too.

    As for your tags, they are awesome, love the stamp, details around it everything.

    Thanks for visiting me I hope you have a happy crafting weekend, love your space.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sewing there - clever you. I have four pairs of cargo trousers here to shorten. Do you also do alterations? :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your nice comment, Monica. I'm feeling much better today, thank you - better enough to realise just how much catching up I've got to do now the brainfog is clearing somewhat!!

    Love the gorgeous stuff on your desk. I am keen to try spray inks - the colours look so vibrant.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #15

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is why my desk is always so mess- can't put away stuff because I'll forget all about it and it won't get done! What a cutie Ella will be with that dress! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little dress. Love the little ladybugs on the hem!
    Thank you for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, I can imagine a little girl being so in love with those lady bugs on her skirt! Too cute.

    Annie #138

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sew adorable, Monica! And colorful, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy WOYWW! so pretty and i love that it has a matching purse!
    thanks for sharing!
    hugs,#23
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Monica! Thank you for last week peek at my desk & for the birthday wishes! I had a great time! So sorry to here about your beloved Spunky. I too am staff to My Binxz who came to live with me 5 years ago. He is my constant companion & we are very close. I know the heartache you must be going through, I will keep you in my thoughts ;) Love the post card stamp, so versatile, very busy desk and you have done some wonderful sewing projects too! Happy belated WOYWW!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make the most amazing little dresses!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422