Tuesday, August 14, 2012

swaps

 Swaps are a great way to get to know a group of people, share your art and if you have to make many pages, tags, cards etc a wonderful way to learn and practice new techniques which pop up daily in paper crafting on blogs.  even with a set theme it is  often difficult coming up with an idea and to  form an image of what you want to create and, how to incorporate the "rules" of the host or group.  Some groups do not like participants to post their completed project until everyone receives their swap in the mail.   Over the past 3 to four months my world was awash in swaps.  My only documentation was a peep on  WOYWW , a fun, fun blog visiting group where every Wednesday we send out a blog  "What's on your workspace Wednesday".  So here is a catch-up of the bits and bobs I created in the last few months.
  
 Chunky book page swap for a yahoo group sketchbookproject/. 

Theme Black and White,  i used fabric for this one.  


  
The theme, Time,   i used all the watches saved over years of buying funky watches on each page  this is a Miss piggy watch. the background was glue bits from magazines, I drew the figure, copied it and cut it out.

The latest Chunky book and a favorite is Wine Women and Song.  this is before it was completed 


I added these, so much fun making them.



Tim Holtz"s Creative Chemistry 101 was a great class although not easy, due to the vast amount of products required to complete all the techniques. Yahoo group, All Things Tim ( ATT),  really a fan club, but one with tons of swaps and some great tutorials. here isCreative Chemistry 101 where we had to use something from the class.  At the time I only had a few products. So it was a wrinkle free distress background  with a misting of perfect pearls.  the flowers need a little more work!

next swap, same group, a tag swap; Hot summer nights 

here i used Dylusions sprays and stamps for the background, digital images, die cut  tissue flowers and trim from my stash.   

reverse side

Inkyrangers,yahoo group swap Theme Summer travel. Completed as I traveled Colorado with all the bits cut out and ready for assembly on backgrounds created using distress inks, stamped and cut out digi images (used them for years and just found the new glamour name!).    The host of this group Stacy Cook is making them into a book for each of the 16 participants.

reverse side.

phew!
now want to try the on-line challenges.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Monica. You have been very busy! I loved seeing all the things you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stuff! It isso cheery and bright - you have a great sense of humour, I think! Love the cork heads - how many bottles of wine had to dry? lol! Now I spy a cool caravan and car image which is right up my street... where did that little beauty come from. Thanks for sharing. jenx (North East of England!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, haven't you been busy?!! So much eye candy here - I really like the black and white chunkies, they are so striking. LOVE the cartoon drawing on Time, she is as I imagine you to be! Great cork women, they make me laugh with their wine drinking faces and very cool hair! You got a fab pearlised (is that even a word?!) look with the 101 piece and I like how you used the fabric too. I really like your Summer Travel pages too, and it's great that you made them while actually on a Summer Travel journey :)

    Great post, Monica, I enjoyed catching up with ALL your swaps.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.