Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WOYWW168

Nothing on my work space as we left for Elkart IN on Friday driving north across drought stricken fields of corn stretching from NE Texas, Arkansas,  the southern tip of Illinois and Indiana where the corn crop looked a little better as we moved northeast.  Our first day and night was rain drenched in Hope AK and the rain moving south left us in Little Rock.  Second night was in beautiful southern Illinois at the Little Grassy Campground on the edge of the Great City SP.  it is a section of the country where deep ravines cut into the rock and lakes and rivers lay hidden.  Elkart was where we bought the RV, so, it was into the Phoenix plant for some quick adjustment and we were off to Chicago.  

This is the view from our friends apartment on the 28th floor, my work space for a few days.
 view east, Lakeshore Drive,Chicago



 north across the lake hello Canada

  The view sort of west


    


Grant park to left and The museum of science and industry

So now off to walk Michigan Ave.  

13 comments:

  1. What amazing photos - how great I get to travel without ever leaving my W this W!
    Alison x
    #101

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing view!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 28 floors is high! great views indeed, I wonder if you realise that the view of lakeshore is one I've only ever seen in a film? how wonderful to be amongst it and part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Enjoy your stay and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #121

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of Chicago, it's such a photogenic city. I think all that traveling has addled your brain!! Looking North up that lake you should be waving at Wisconsin or Michigan, Canada is waaayyy further North!!

    Hugs
    Brenda (in Michigan!) 5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica,
    Love your pictures of Chicago! Just wanted to share the city you speak of getting our RV in is spelled Elkhart. I know because it is my home town.


    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures of Chicago and how cool you got to visit my home town of Elkhart IN. Know for their RV's.

    darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Fabulous photos of amazing views. The height of some of those buildings strikes terror in this heart of mine - I can't begin to imagine what it is like to be on the 28th floor. Hope the rest of your trip goes well and that you have a great time. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #105

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos! My husband grew up around Chicago and I was surprized to find out it was a port city...don't know why but... Have fun on your vacation. vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  10. Road Trip! Will you see Lisa? go to CREATE? Even for one class! love the photos. Lori de Froup

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely photo's. My DH gave me trip to Chicago to go to CHA for my birthday last year. It was one of the most a,mazing holidays for me. Chicago will always hold a little piece of my heart.
    Happy very belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #52

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm about two weeks late visiting. I hope you are having a great vacation. These photos bring back all kinds of wonderful memories of various times I spent in Chicago. Of course, I was never that high (grin). Your friend has so lovely views.

    BTW, I liked your swaps. You did a good job with all of them. I bet the other participants were quite pleased. You also reiterated why I don't own any Tim Holtz stuff. Too expensive and too many things needed to make a single piece. He's really into selling his products!

    Have a great rest of your vacation and be aware I took your advice and will try to show a completed piece whenever I actually make something that is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! what great place she has,fabulous views!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.