Tuesday, September 4, 2012

WOYWW #170

I missed last week of WOYWW  (If you want to join in visit Julia)  as we had no WiFi in Missouri at my friends house and she has an ancient system so I decided to miss last week and once home it was laundry and catch up on everything.  So here is the worktop today

The tags are based on the background design and technique of Tammy Tutterow a very talented artist who is also interested in silk ribbon embroidery.  This is something i enjoyed before carpal tunnel.  I have tons of ribbon and so decided to use her instructions and make a tag in using her idea.  She first stamped with a stamp and ink I do not have so I found a stencil from Artists Cellar using acrylics.  I found a foam tool to stamp with and finally got it.  Since it was a background I was not worried about the blurry edges. I them swiped each tag with Pick Fence Stain, the only supply i have she used!  While  it's drying I decided to write this need to finish by next week.  Oh good my helper (hinderer) is leaving


My swap for Summer Travel hosted by Stacy Cook on ATT returned and it is quite splendid.  The idea was to use the book as a travel journal and fill it with personal travel items.  That would spoil it.  So now need to also get working on 2 travel books.

That's it for #170 see you next week.  

21 comments:

  1. i love the cat and mouse. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...you've been busy! Love seeing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been traveling from MO for the both weekends. Glad you had safe travels! Love the way the tags are looking!

    Katie (37)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backgrounds look really pretty! Don't you just love kitties? Always want to come and "help". LOL. Brigita #52

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of lovely tags being made . The stencils looks good. happy crafting jill #78

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, the hinderer, sorry helper is having a whale of a time!!! love what you are doing,
    hugs Lou p #83

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy is definitely very talented! :)
    Your tags are looking pretty!
    Mary Jo #132

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica thanks for popping to see me - The end to poop scooping duties can't come soon enough for me! - no such troubles with a cat! Your tags are looking very elegant. I love the delicate colours you have used. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 22

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the way to tackle a task work on several at once! They look like they will be a piece of splendid art! Mika #146

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tags look really interesting. I dabbled in silk ribbon embroidery too, but never got badly hooked.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #79

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tags look awesome!! And I love your helper!!
    xxDaniella#19

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tags are looking great - lovely colours, and I'm sure your hinderer is a great help!! Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #92

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your wee hinderer.. Gorgeous!! love your tags the colours are fabulous. Have a fun creative week, Hugs May x x x#5

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got it right the first time...our babies are helpers! Love your space, looks like you have a lot going on!
    Glenda #119

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, I love the whisper of a background. I need to use my stencils and masks more often. Thanks for visiting for WOYWW,you visited my bottlecaps which were linked to this week by mistake. I do have a new one for this week if you are interested. Happy crafting, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Monica,

    Your tags are looking great! I once took a silk ribbon embroidery class and loved it but didn't keep up with it. Don't know why. I'm glad you were able to find another hobby that isn't as difficult with your carpal tunnel issue.

    Thank you for visiting me already. I'll be visiting desks through the entire week!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #15

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I agree, your tags are looking great and I like your assitant!
    Happy belated WOYWW BarbaraBee '148

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your furry fiend...oh i mean friend
    thanks for popping by earlier
    caroline #14

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apologies for such a late visit but better late than never eh?
    Stunning looking tags Monica. ;D
    But you better what that your little furry helper might well be a hinderer...I think he's after your mouse!
    Happy WOYWW Neesie #13

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are busy! Looks great! You can find Prima products at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely tags, Monica. I really like that stencil - now I have one very similar somewhere, I must try and dig it out - I like how you used a bit and let the rest go off the tag (if you know what I mean!).

    Lovin' your 'helper'!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.