Tuesday, September 25, 2012

WOYWW # 173

Time speeds up at this time of the year.  Busy crafting week and at last finished my Chicago travel brief book and my chunky swap.  Just finished working on the chunkys.  The theme was postage art.  My final was nothing like my original idea that was to do something with images of those fabulous saucy post cards of the 30s to 60s that were in every British seaside souvenir shop;   the kind your mother had a fit at because you always made a bee line for them. Amazing now the originals are museum pieces.  Donald  Mcgill is no  longer a dirty old man and now is recognized as an artist.  wonderful!! the snob elite must be horrified.  (somewhere read that the university of Kent payed for an exhibit of them).

well i changed my mind. the idea would not come together and to go digital when it appeared that the printer was about to run out of 4 cartridges pushed out that idea in favor of an idea to pay homage to a love letter written in Xmas 1917.  That's a copy of it in the front right hand corner.  the finished pages are over on the upper left.  When the recipients receive them my thoughts are to right about the letter and the people involved whose lives and deaths really impacted my life.


next is is a project called give a hand to a friend.  Will start tomorrow then take a break and ease off these swaps in favor of challenges as i really want to take the Mary Ann Moss that will come along later in the year.

the new dining table arrived and is now a resplendent addition to my kitchen/diner. The top is heavy red glass and it extends to seat 8.  Don't you love those chairs. The black thing is a fan and the bowl was a present from Kay   It has an interesting bottom it is angled so the bowl slopes.


well that's it for today pretty beat after a late night in San Antonio.
Try visiting some of the participant in WOYWW http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ .  Julia puts it Up Wednesday Brit time.  

20 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we start out doing one thing and end up with something completely different? I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely busy crafting desk , Happy crafting jill #28

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having lots of fun! I'm off to find out what Mary Ann Moss is up to. I haven't seen that yet.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love swaps, but can get over ran by the return treaures. I've cut them way down and try to get a few challenges in each week. Great space, and I LOVE the new table and chairs.
    Krisha #40

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new table, it's absolutely gorgeous. Happy WOYWW! Sharon #79

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the dining set! Very impressed with your dedication to Big Red. I need to apply myself to mine, end up frustrated - trying to get it to work when I am out of town...can't wait to see some chunky love at the froup's albums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much going on Monica - and I adore your table - who could feel glum having breakfast sitting at that then?! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of taking inspiration from a love letter. I have some of the postcards sent back from France to Britain in WW1 - all lace and embroidery. Now you have me thinking... Love that dining table BTW. Hugs, Buttons #70

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your stamps and that dining table is so pretty!! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh at #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect addition to the room! It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am hats off to people who do swaps. i love the orange-green colors in your dining area. cheers, melinda alpha #55

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a busy bee as always... Oooo I love that dining table and those chairs are Gorgeous.. enjoy!! Hugs May x x x#52

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dining table and chairs. Thanks for all the info on the postcards.
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Neet x #5

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I could use the distress pads that way! I love the dining update its beautiful and cheery!Tamika #34

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Monica!Great desk. I found you again..remember I lost my blog!Great to catch up with you. Love that table.What a pretty view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a real collection, great furniture, it kind of looks Dutch-inspired :) I like that. So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, and oh yeah I totes followed you since your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me, you don't have to follow me back don't worry. Ok, I've just uploaded my five looks for five days of London Fashion Week, so if you're looking to judge what this UK blogger/provoker wore to LFW, then may I suggest you in having a lil' look see, provoking comments are always appreciated big time lol.

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/09/the-five-day-provoker.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new table. I live in one of those mucky seaside towns in North West England so I can identify with the postcards:-)))
    Happy belated WOYWW
    Carol #144

    ReplyDelete
  18. The letter homage sounds amazing - perhaps it's one of those lucky crafting moments that the printer wouldn't co-operate (except when do printers ever co-operate?!)... Belated happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #108

    ReplyDelete
  19. Time seems to have sped up for me this month, because I have not even been at my computer for days. I've been gone most of the week, with various activities, but I always appreciate when you visit.

    You must have one super printer to use all those cartridges. Of course, I love that new table. It is very classy. And those chairs look really comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The table and chairs is perfect for you - great colour! Love the view from those windows too.

    It's so funny how 'those' postcards have become so sought after.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.