Swatches a journal workshop

Here are my journal(s) for the Kelly Kilmer.  here are the first 4 pages

These books are made using scraps from magazines and templates from Kelly who encourages a lot of individual interpretations of her instructions.  I have used as focal, this time, on line images collected over many years.  

This is page two where we were to experiment with transparent papers.  it did not work so I ripped it out. The green is actually transparent from a long ago swap and the lower one says "it's the good girls who keep diaries the bad girls never have time"  attributed to may west.

This is actually page 4 as Blogger likes to mess with downloading.  it is about lettering size and layering.  Chris and I had discussed visiting the wineries today and we both never followed through.   I remembered that when I started to make this page.
below is page 3.  It started out very different with a very neutral background that did not work out.  it was torn out and this one created in pastel pink as Kelly encouraged working in a least favorite color and adding  colors of different shades.   It was a good learning experience as the neutral offered a great potential in another setting and so it was used in page 4.


Kelly had a slide show of her original small Swatches books and I thought I should make a small book like that and just repeat a little more casually the template and prompt as i had made a small book.
Since i collect phrases and words from all kinds of magazines it seemed a good time to use them and have fun, this was a real fast page. This book is called My Little Book.  
Kelly uses lots of Washi tape.  i think she must have had it the day they first imported it from Japan.  Up to this year I resisted it and remain a little unsure as to how and when to use it'

Ah we better head to the kitchen or dinner will be breakfast!

Comments

  1. Love seeing all your pages!! I really like the first one and I love that quote by Mae West on the second one. I have resisted buying washi tape until just the other day when i saw some at Michaels of all places and i bought a couple of rolls and I am hooked! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Monica, I can really see your journal pages taking on a lot of character and depth. I love seeing your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Monica, looks like you've had lots of fun :-)
    Love the storage for your thread below, great idea.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. I haven't been able to start the class yet but your pages are inspiring me to make some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pages, Monica! Although you are learning from Kelly, these pages are very much yours with your style, humour and way of looking at life :)

    You've found some brilliant images and phrases to use.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422