Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WOYWW 208 the biggy

Congratters Julia! you started a movement for all us nosey's to get to see others work space all over the world. When I sit to write this I forgot what anniversary it is for WOYWW. Another senior moment. I worked this week on making ATC for the swap and 6 made .  So any takers?   My email www24groups@gmail.com 

 I also bought the pedal pushers die and stamp set from Papertrey. I have already lost the quotes stamps, not even tried them out. So pissed off. Tripper must be running a cat group. I made a couple of cards that I gave to people. This is a first venture in that direction. I want to make a bunch that I can just get to and send instead of rushing around every time an occasion calls for a card. Things like get well and a note for various things like thank you. That appears to be a great way to learn to stamp.


Hopefully stamping on a die cut is one of those skills that with practice you usually get it right. That saves sticking bits of flowers and cuties on it to cover up mistakes.
A friend called me to tell me that she just watched a program about a hoarder who bought scrapbook supplies and went into debt. She is buried under mountains of cute but no made scrapbooks.
This is Tripper, our sweet, now old, baby who rushed off into the bathroom on hearing Momma Cardinal hit the window. The nut case bird is attacking her own reflection.
Not too happy as he missed her.
The past week we have had. Heavy rain. The aquifer is -12 feet above normal and the temperature is around 86 and it is 80 inside. Today we made marmalade as a friend and neighbor, who lives in Houston and is a gardener, Carol, gave us a bag of grapefruit from her garden and some lemons (see previous post about lemon bars and lemon meringue pie made by Kay with some of the lemons)so here is the results of our labors. The jar with the label is half full. To be eaten soon!
This is the shot from across the kitchen catches the light from the windows above the cabinets. It was the first time making it on the induction top and we were unable to use the enamel canning pot for making as they do not have stainless bottoms. We used the pasta pot to process the jars and it worked OK. They are beginning to make more Induction pots. To Europeans it must seem strange as they have had induction for years. now natural gas is expensive so induction is a great alternative to gas and for us much better than propane.
Well time to dig out the left overs but first here is a toast to you Julie, the liquid sort so no marmalade.

To Julia!

19 comments:

  1. Hello Monica, what a fun loving post . . . you put a smile on my face :) Grapefruit marmalade . . . I've never had it, but it sounds wonderful. I love, love, love your kitchen . . . how could you not smile all the time, cooking in a place as cheerful as that!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your posts, Monica. It's like sitting down with a friend, and having a giggle over a glass of something cold and delicious.

    Stamping on die cuts sounds damn near impossible! I'm sure there's a knack to it - maybe youtube could help? There's a deep well of information and help on there.

    I love all the colour in your home, it so matches your personality!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Monica. Lots to love! Your kitty is on top of it, keeping the house safe and sound from those marauding birds. Salut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Monica! Your temps and humidity sound like Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What no wine??? LOL Are you warning us stash hoarders to get it used? Tis a little scarrry at times. Got your e-mail and sent you my addy, can't wait to see the ATC that are floating around. Have a great week!
    Krisha #140 (who skept in this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica, You have been so busy love that you made marmalade and the cocktail looks amazing :) You have so many projects on the go its fab x Thanks for visiting earlier Have a Beautiful week Heather WOYWW #116

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that cocktail looks yummy. :-)

    Doncha just hate losing parts of stamp sets? I have a few missing quotes, usually the favorites that have gone missing. Ah well.

    Happy Woyww!

    Sandy #146

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica,
    I Love grapefruit marmalade!! And I stamp first, then do the die cut thing, after taping down the die. You are the lucky person after me, so send me your address and I'll get your ATC out in the mail. Happy 4th WOYWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so enjpyed your post today, Monica. Yours is a name I always look for at Julia's. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@86)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post love the pic of you giving cheers to Julia, that was brilliant:O). The jam looks great, now your desk is fabulous lots of goodies, lost some stamps darn, nice to know I'm not alone in losing things LOL, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Dianne #105

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica
    wow you have been so busy and your homemade marmalade sounds delish. Loved poking around your desk today
    Wishing you and everyone a Very Happy WOYWW today
    Ria #49

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those stamps, can't wait to see the finished piece. Happy 4th Woyww Birthday and thanks for sharing. Liz@161

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica, you are a hoot. I love the way you toasted Julia.

    I'm actually jealous of that bicycle stamp. Very impressive. And your marmalade sounds like it would be right up my alley. I am smacking my lips right now.

    Hope the weather cools for you soon. Happy WOYWW4 from #17.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oohhhh the cooking photos look gorgeous, just love grapefruits and all citrus fruits. Happy WOYWW! ♥ Karen ♥ 106 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 4th ...I raise a glass to you too ....love marmalade but cant eat Grapefruit ...have to stick to orange. This was a great post thanks for sharing xx71

    ReplyDelete
  16. Home made marmalade ... yum, yum! And sticky beaking at your pics I see a lovely purple patchwork cushion and a something similar on your sofa? They are gorgeous!
    Happy 4th WOYWW Anniversary!
    RosA # 39

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Monica, what a great toast to Julia and very well deserved. I have emailed my addy send me yours so we can swap. Lovely kitty pic.
    Sandra @83

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m sorry to be late in visiting but I’m now on day three of my quest to get round everyone this week. I know it’s going to take some time, but I wanted to say that it’s amazing that the internet can bring together so many likeminded people and I’m grateful that WOYWW has also brought along so many new friends, thanks to Julia.


    Loving your new stamps and dies Monica.
    I think we could all learn a thing or two from the story of the woman who got herself into debt. I know that I for one have brought stash that I really shouldn’t have when money has been tight but thankfully I’m sensible enough to know when to stop.

    Enjoy your weekly snoop, especially as we’re celebrating WOYWW’s 4th Anniversary.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @82
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pity about the hoarder! I am sure there are many cases like this as scrapbook ing supplies and tools have become irresistible! I know someone whose husband hid her pocketbook! Happy WOYWW anniversary! Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.