Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WOYWW 210 The work of a woman obsessed

Recovering from our trip to Arlington Scrapbook Convention and Texas Motor Speedway.  Trying to find a home for my new buys and unable to resist the lure of the wonderful Dylusions Journal I bought.


First my ATC swaps received from, Kim Young, on upper left, Ria Gall"s on the right, on the lower row from Krisha, this is us in RV! and this ATC will go in the RV.  I think they are fabulous and so great.  Thank you everyone.



Krisha sent the ATC in the card.  Now is that a fun and guaranteed to make you smile!

And on my workspace today My first spread in my Dylusions journal.  The box behind is what I used to spray and avoid spray everywhere, well it is on me.  Body art.



Here is some of my loot.  I thought everything was very expensive no show specials

Work-space Monday night.  I tried to buy things I can never find in stores like rub-ons and that small tattered floral die as well as clear embossing  powder and Perfect pearls spray Biscotti.


Busy day of creativity here is my journal of Doings. I added the trip.  At the convention I was given a demo on Fold Cut and Connect  and was given  the cuts which involved folding.  That flower opens to a wreath and the bird cage is 3D.  In the pocket, left, is the negative space folded so I can repeat this



I rented a car and the RV was parked at the TMS.  Chris went to all the practices while i was at the show and we went Friday and Sat to the night races.  
 Blogger never gets photos in order so here is another spread at the show.
  I paid for 2 classes and was late for the book binding .  it turned out to be very elementary, a pamphlet style book, that I will not make but use the kit for something else.  the other class on Washi tape was not me: a scrapbook page and little decorations to make out of Washi tape for your cup cakes and and put on band aids. 


 So there we are .  
Last Wednesday i had no time to visit you blogs, see detail in the previous post about crashing iPad and and other high jinx of life in an RV.  And I never even mentioned the race where we sat among some real crazies and a woman removed her leg.

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful loot, even if there were no show specials......I'm really surprised at that. Love both journals, wish I could be more diligent about a travel journal, but I do good with just my art journal and my tangle journal. Glad you had a good time! No# yet, but you know where to find me....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ATC of you and Chris in the RV! so you! wish I could come over and play with some of those new goodies you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dylusions journal is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, not many show special at Heirloom Springfield either, now that you mention it. Maybe because all the LSS's are gone, and we order so much online, so we are used to the slightly better prices, and these no longer seem the bargain. Didn't stop either of us from spending though! Good for you for starting the journal; mine is still virgin...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the colours on your Dylusions page are stunning! Lots of lovely goodies on your desk. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@32)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours on your journal page, so fresh. You will love the Tattered Florals die, so much you can use them for. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #36 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your travel book looks great -- so fun with all the ephemera and crafty bits & pieces in there. Looks like you brought home some delicious goodies -- glad you're finding time to play. Happy WOYWW from Laura #101

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica
    it sounds like you had a great time and you picked up some great crafting stash.
    I am loving your journals they are so full of life and such a pleasure to look at, looks like you got into the spraying
    Happy WOYWW and I hope you have a great week
    Ria #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monica, thanks so much for the lovely atc and the goodies.Your journal pages look fabulous, I also use a box to do all the spraying but it always seems to get on me as well. Your travels and sound like fun and I love the pics of the convention. It is always amazing watching TH doing his magic. Have a lovely week.
    Sandra @106

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome desk today. Love the looks of that journal!! I went to Arlington to the convention on Thursday and found all sorts of fun and 'inexpensive deals' and ended up spending a lot. Wish I had known that another WOYWW'er was going to be there and I would have worn my badge and maybe we could have hooked up for lunch! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week! Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't leave the story there....someone removed their leg???
    I adore the Dyan journals. I went to her workshops at the weekend and they were amazing. Great start on the pages, it's a good job the ink washes out of clothes as I end up with as much on me as on the page! Hugs. Pam#26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous post Monica - love your ATCs and Krisha's certainly made me smile, especially as I live in a seaside town.
    Fabulous loot to play with and beautiful journal page too.
    Happy WOYWW and happy crafting..Gill x #107

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a hoot!! Love your last sentence :D

    Anyway, what a fab post! I have looked at those Dylusions journals online - you're clearly happy with yours and it looks like it can take some abuse with sprays and paints! It's a good size too. Hmmmm, I think one will have to go on my wishlist.

    Those ATCs are fab - the one of you and Chris in the RV is perfect for you ;)

    Have a great week!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear, thanks for dropping by for a visit. I might tell you I noticed Blogger's problems with photos in order, too. I started loading two photos at a time, thus ensuring I got them in the correct order. Maybe that will help you.

    I LOVE your journal. I still haven't made one for myself. And it looks like you got a ton of lovely ones during the anniversary. I didn't stop by from WOYWW and no longer remember my number. But just came to say hi, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool spread of photos. Thanks for posting them and feel free to drop by me too anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.