WOYWW As They Never Saw It.

WOYWW friends apologies for not responding or visiting your sites. On the road it is hard to comment, in fact it was impossible iPad froze up and just try tying on the road!

Lousy phot iPad is meant for close ups and faces not land scape. i cannot transfer photos from camera.

We are returning home from a fun filled vacation on a preferred route started in Bakersfield California crossed the Mojave and then crossed AZ on I( interstate)40 into New Mexico where we went south on 25 to I 10. Now we are in Texas, having crossed a dateline into central time. The vast horizon sweeps across deserts and mountains. Not the ferocious peaks of the Alps but remnants eroded by time and great earth movements. Ancient people crossed the area and they must have been strong. The views I see are made possible by roads, they never saw my vistas as the road cuts through mountain side and is raised above valley floors. Oh just passed a sign read Kent 6 miles! Guess who settled this area. It is the greenest we have ever seen it

Lucky me, met with Krisha on Saturday and she and hubby made a great dinner for us. Betsy is incredible, a small space so well organized and set up. Her art work is beautiful. I loved her journals and she made me a lovely journal that I will photo when home. Back to bumpy road.

 

Comments

  1. I know exactly where you were. I made that trip to CA many times. I-40 out of OK, to I-25 south to either I-10 if going to LA, or I-8 if going to San Diego. Brings back So many wonderful memories.

    I saw the photo of you and Krisha. What a fun time that must have been. I'm simply thrilled for both of you. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun trip. Happy travels #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to do a road trip in the US, thanks for sharing with us and looking forward to many more photos
    Bridget #15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing under difficulties! How lovely you met Krisha! Happy WOYWW from the UK! Julie Ann xx #39

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo this week, it made me giggle. Wish I could go on the road like that and visit America, ah maybe one day. It all sounds lovely but, mountain after mountain they must all look the same.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel save and we will no doubt see photos on your desk soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Monica
    it sounds like you have had a great break away and I am hoping you will share some photo's with us once you are home and unpacked, laundry done, bills taken care of and all the other things you will have to do

    Enjoy WOYWW and have a great week
    Hugs Ria #43

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific holiday. It's always been my dream to go to the States and hire a campervan and drive right the way across it. Who knows, maybe one day. Hugs. Pam#33

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous road trip! Sounds like you are having an ace time. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #45 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like fun. Bet you're glad it isn't 110 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear you reached the great state of Texas, almost home?? Loved our visit, sorry those ribs had too much pepper on them, has Chris' eyes stopped watering yet? LOL Let me know when you've reached home safely!! Tell Chris we said hello.
    #115 the artsy fartsy grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422