Tuesday, November 12, 2013

WOYWW 232

This week has not been productive or has it? This is my desk today. I cleaned out all kinds of things Saturday, tossed a ton of saved bits. The sort of bits you think you will use and after a year or two have never used. In the blue bag is a a mini book made  into a card for a friend. Will have to show next week.     

Today I wanted to get going on with my journaling, that's what is on the desk. The fuzzy looking page is a gessoed Dylusions page. The writing was not laid  out well. The phrase for all of you straining your eyes is "smile it raises the wrinkles". The page above was another moment of " ???? To do" and so I tried out a new stamp made of sponge. Found it in Tuesday Morning a Claudine Helmuthone, not so good.  

On Sunday I visited my friend, Deanie, who had had a lumpectomy on Monday. We have met once a month for over 10 years to create both all kinds of crafts and chit chat. OK aka gossip. I decided I need to work on beading when I visit her as I bought so many tubes of beads, during my bead era my guilt level is high.  My carpal tunnel put a hold on beading as beading cramps my hand.   This is the current project, not on my work table but in my work bag. Just a little left to finish and then to attach it to a metal band.  My closet is full of orange clothes but no bracelet. So this was a way to use up beads and fill an accessory need. So this was worked on this week, it is the accumulation of several visits and about 10 hours of work.

Today while preparing the oven to self clean i wrenched my back. The heat pad and chocolate seem to be helping. A new cure!

Have a great WOYWW.  And check out here if you our wondering what this is all about.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Monica,
    Thanks for the earlier visit, and I will be keeping Mr. Cleaning MoJo for a couple more days, so no worries about him appearing in your realm. LOL
    I love the " smile it raises the wrinkles" saying.
    So sorry to hear about your back, one area that will keep you down for some time. Be safe.
    Krisha #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very beautiful ongoing project! Bright and lovely colours.
    The beaded work looks beautiful too.

    Have a nice creative week!
    Susan nr 44 woyww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate is good for a lot of things. Feel better. Love the beading. Peg R #102

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica - love your beadwork - so intricate & great vibrant colours ! Sorry to hear you did you back in cleaning the oven - I get a man with a van in & he cleans the whole things including acid bathing the shelves & replaced a broken light all for £40 - talk about money well spent !! Shall I send him over ?? !! Hope you feel better soon ! Ali #36

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors, dear Monica! Love your desk and your beadwork too.
    Erika Daas blaue Haus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bracelet is beautiful, absolutely stunning! Ouch to your poor back (been there, done that). It's so easily done. I hope you recover soon - luckily chocolate can be self prescribed ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beading looks lovely. We sold all our beads as we couldn't manage them with our fat paws!

    The bears @66

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your back gets better quickly. Your beading is lovely. And I will say a little prayer for your friends speedy recovery. April #88

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bead work is AMAZING. I love the bright colors. #4

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.