Tuesday, November 5, 2013

WOYWW 31 what a week

Here is my desk. i started to clean it up and remembered there was a  digi card I needed to make for the subdivision ladies Christmas lunch. So I quit the tidy up, very much needed after several days of mini book making. The first mini was made with a paper from Tuesday morning, cheap and dark with no contrast on each side.  I rushed over to Tuesday Morning recalling double sided paper and found some that was stronger and decided to buy  as it is only $1.99 for 20 sheets. The two pink spotted books are some of the ones made with this paper.   It is quite horrendous but since the pages are covered with bits and pieces it should be OK.  The mini books are made from folding.  The one on the right uses no glue.  My friend Deanie had a lumpectomy Monday so one of the books was used as a card. it was stop and start with the "how to" video.  I cannot remember what they say while the video runs.  it's like being in one of those silent movies where they are all chasing around!
The video was from Dawn's Inspirations and she is a Brit.excellent video. 

  My stash does not contain all those cutey things, embellishments, they use to decorate the mini albums so I made it my way.  it started off cute and rapidly deteriorated to funky.  SO now that I know how to make mini albums I will use them for cards until the next great idea appears. had to mail the one to Deanie and never photographed it. 

Here are the digi invites. (Have to go to PC for them) 
  The one above was rejected as too modern
 this is 3 and below is 2 .  They look great on the computer and awful when printed as they are low on pixels and as we all know low pixels makes a dull you outside of the digi world.   Its like having low calcium.,

Oh well, will get to your posts tomorrow for WOYWW. Wondering what this is about?  Check out Julia to find out what it is all about. The crafty noseies!!,

off to beddie byes.See you in the morning!

15 comments:

  1. You have been busy! :) They look like they would be nice cards. I find good deals sometimes at Tuesday Morning. Just forget to go there. I have to watch tutorials over and over again, because I can't do it and watch it at the same time.
    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like all the invites. But my fave is the 3rd. #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that has to stop and start the videos to figure out just what they are saying. I like all three of your invites, but probably the one in the middle the best.
    Happy WOYWW Monica, have a great week
    Krisha #30

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's impostible to tidy, there's always too much crafting to do!!
    Have a great crafty week! HaPpY WoYwW1?
    ((Lyn)) #was 36

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I like the first one that was rejected, so pass that on to whom ever will you LOL I like the color actually everything about it. We don't do snow here in Australia so the bottom one is out too. The middle one is pretty but I still prefer the first one. Sorry just my opinion.

    happy crafting and
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like you've been very productive! have a great week. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have to stop and start any video tutorials, my memory is terrible! Shame the first invite was ruled out, I love that one!
    Debxx#3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the middle one too- probably because its 'traditional' Christmas colours! So agree about low pixel count ruining lovely images, its very annoying.Love the look of those stamps- very interesting. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the modern one too..ah, design is SO subjective!! and I like the pink dotty paper, but more than that, am delighted that you started cut ute and then had to give into your funky urge..much the better, honest! h hope your chum is recovering positively.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this week will be a great one for you!
    Greetings from
    Susan in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you've been busy, thanks for sharing Donna #42

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't do anything with videos if i don't stop and start them. I've even been known to make notes along the way because I forget after I have made it - old age I guess.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier. Hugs, neet 22 xx
    ps I like all the invites - sorry not of a help

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the top one is the best! Don't understand why they think it's too modern. Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't videos (You Tube), just so brilliant!!I have been known to watch some 6 times(with time in between to try the technique), until I really get it.I use sewing videos loads because sewing isn't a natural "thing" for me.
    Judy #15

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.