Tuesday, December 10, 2013

236 WOYWW A PERFECT MESS

My Gelli Plate arrived and I have descended into an oblivious messy bliss. Gelli plates are what I decided not to buy some time ago and a few weeks ago the urge to ink up and mess over came Me.....really the advent of more Kate Crane DVDs spurred me on together with a hint of "Be Prepared" to indulge in yet another class.
The scene. Desk after a wild afternoon with Gelli Plates
I bought some stencilsfrom Artists Cellar. They are really well cut good quality stencils. I have tried starts so far.Imad some of my own stencils out of junk mail using my Big shot dye cutter.they are the curcles you see. I am really excited about this whole process.
Earler in the week I was fired up by something from a friends blog, 15 December Prompts. Usually hate prompts as too much pop psychology of the who am I venue. These were veryappealing in an interesting way and also alerted the concrete. Thought processes to literally interpret.

From left to right 1 was do back grounds. I decided to use the milliontabs made so far.
2 thing to do or need this month.
3 illustrate quotes from favorite holiday movie.
4 a hand made gift to treasure forever.
5 favorite cookie recipies replaced with seasons favorites.
L to R 6 favorite holiday activities then ( and now....forget this). Then it. Was visiting Santas Grotto. Do you rember all that, endless waits a quick whisper to Santa and a crappy gift.
The holiday Mandala is actually 9 and Mandala are not me you have to have some ocd genes for this stuff . So 8 is "Who do you miss"....my friend Wanda, who got me crafting, she loved Christmas. She passed several years ago.
So that is the week in review, a frenzy of crafting and angst and tearing up and oh so much fun. So on wards. Activities will be curtailed by seasonal socializing. Too much going on next week.
Now run over to the divine Miss Julie at http//:stamping-ground.blogspot and see what its all about.

PS i do hope. The photos shape up they have grown!

12 comments:

  1. I love those tags. You have created so really cool prints too. #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your gelli plate - I decided I didn't need one...for now! Love the tags you've made. Helen 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh a Gelli plate, one of the best things I bought, love mine, its great fun and very addictive. Love all your tags, thanks for sharing, Donna #42

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're running with the gelli! Can't recommend Mary Anne's blog more highly for gelli talk and ideas galore. She's a fellow desker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous tags, and the pile of Gelli prints look great too. We sold our Gelli plate as we couldn't produce the great backgrounds everyone else seems to.

    Bears @#61

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my gelli plate--so much fun-I hope you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I to love my Gelli plate and want to use it more, when my office is completed it's transition it will be out and used more. Love some of the papers you have created, it is an addiction the Gelli, have fun as I am sure you will.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 66
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're in gelli heaven! I have been using deli paper for a lot of gelli prints. It works great and you can adhere it to all sorts of other things, cut it out, layer it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you have been having fun Ms., M! I still have the brakes ON about getting a Geli plate, but your post is starting to wear me down....LOL
    Not doing WOYWW this week, just not enough time.
    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, you succumbed to the Gelli plate!!!! You will have such fun with it - and it is addictive :D

    I love your tags - Wanda would be proud of you and your crafting.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gelli plates seem to have that creative, messy effect on people! Your tags are beautiful!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tags! I have managed to run from the Gelli plate craze (so far). Happy Belated WOYWW!
    Carol N #68

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.