Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WOYWW 250

Well Julia is this a landmark or is that at 300. Here we go another week of checking workspaces around the world and another week of non cleanup for some of us. I prefer to do something other than clean up and the latter looses out when Time is at a premium. If you want to check out what all the woyww is about head here

My desk after a day at Deanie's studio i just dumped and caught up on calendars.
Working on these projects for 2014;
art calendar challenge.....Kate Crane.....A group on her FB site

Draw Your Awesome Life........... Joanne Sharpe. Monthly prompts now paid class is over  on FB and year long follow up.(sign up on her blog).  I just bought her book, the Art of Whimsical Lettering, when it arrives i will participate in the online FB site.

No Excuses Art Journaling. .....Gina Rossi Armfield, monthly, weekly, daily assignments. Buy book and follow on FB. I bought this book for free postage when I bought Joanne's book. This arrived and I was carried away . Another senior symptom. I love it and decided to catch up on march!

This is a weekly assignment.  not drawn prior to this.


Journal 52........Chellie Stein.........Weekly prompts. Bluebeard and Elizabeth got me interested in this one.  this prompt is draw your character. 



Working on journals is a ploy to get me to do something and learn to draw enough to please me, based on a theory buzzing in my little grey cells that practice makes perfect. My definition of perfect is not quite perfect! The variety of projects allows me to do this and to participate using my acrylics and Gelli plate , some collage and learn to draw and watercolor etc.
I am posting this fro m ipad but will correct later on PC. Any errors may be caught then!!!,


Now on PC and think I got everything.  getting good at using Blogsy on iPad.

14 comments:

  1. You have a LOT of calendars and challenges going on. I'm impressed, as always with your drawing skills. I think it's no secret I can't draw, so that's why I cut and paste (the old fashioned way). I'm really impressed with your calendar you link up at Kate's. I love what you are doing there. Sorry I'm not on FB. I miss so much, I realize. But I get to see it here, at least. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW Monica. You really have some great journals going. He,he, I got a chuckle out of your J52 page with the wine glasses in the background...you GO GF!!
    Krisha #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done in your journal. Always good to see what others do.#29

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your journals are amazing, love them all. Helen 9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking projects Monica! I love all the bright colors and fun things. I have been thinking about doing the calendar but have yet to get started...any hints? Thanks for sharing. Vickie #45

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your journals Monica - they look great fun. I especially love your self portrait. Have a great week filled with lots of journalling opportunities and happy WOYWW to you from Helen 61 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your desk and your work with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally impressed that you are doing all of these journals! I really like the JoAnne Sharpe style pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your busy desk and all your wonderful Journals, esp the draw your character...I am nearly finished my Journal for 2013..I loved making it..might have to attempt another one :) Cx #74

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lots of fun there today! I am loving your calendar journal, Your drawings are so fun and your lady is full of personality. Great backgrounds as she stands out great! Winnie#56

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, your journals are wonderful. Love all the bright, happy colors and the fun drawings.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments about my kaleidoscope cane.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #1

    ReplyDelete
  12. You seem to have so very much going on here today! Love your journal pages. That's something I just haven't tried to do yet. I'm intrigued though!
    Glenda #54

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're very busy! Your little illustrations are delightful - the hummingbird, wow!

    I'm so looking forward to the Joanne Sharpe book arriving and then I can join in the FB fun :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Monica....I think I can gather a few hints about you on your 'character' page, love you humming bird and your journaling pages...wow you're a busy lady. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#38

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.