Tuesday, May 13, 2014

258 wow do they go fast

  1. ( cannot get rid of this 1 no idea how it go there. The joy of the digital life)Today the desk is sorta tidy. Just stuff to take on Vacation. We leave next monday for the Mouse House. You know Mickey's place in Orlando with another 50,000 folks.

Onto my desk, trying to catch up with Journals and prepare for vacation with family from UK.

Here is my desk. Journal 52 for this week is photography. I have never been interested in this topic but snap photos as we travel from place to place in the RV. They serve as momentos of a trip as I shoot through the window of the RV as we move along the highway. I used Picasa to print them, I'm a little rusty on it so I made the Wallet layout and joined and folded pages to be an add on, the concertina fold. All round are travel needs, stickers, a book for the trip and the journals I plan to work on as we ride along. I think Tombows will go with me rather than watercolors.

I like to work on journals etc when traveling I10 east it gets boring and journaling make the time pass quickly. It also amuses Chris while he drives with pens, pencils, ink and paper flying.

This is a fun entry in my No Excuses Journal. It is is the weekly prompt called a sprout. This week was to do something in the style of Buzza Motto. Look it. Up. It was a style popular in UK in Art Deco era. Clarissa Cliff made china in this kinda style. Not a style apparent from aparent from my vignette, but i enjoyed making it.

The week before it was to make a pattern from embroidery. I plan to add this photo of a piece I made after a class with Judith Montano on embroidered landscapes. But for carpal tunnel it would have been my art of of choice. Since i framed it the image is not too good



Tomorrow my goal is to visit y'all (that's Texan). Now will check Ms Julie who showed an amazing ATC case in an earlier pist. she started this site to allow us all to visit. So try WOYWW and meet amazing crafty woment from around the globe.
And so too bed.
Hugs Monica

 

8 comments:

  1. I cheated at my J52 photography entry this week, because I didn't print out any of my photos.

    Guess I'll have to look up Buzza Motto, because I'm well aware of Art Deco, but not the other. Nice entry, though.

    Have fun on your trip. I don't envy you. From dry heat to sticky heat. Enjoy Mickey, though. If you've never been, it will be fun for you.

    Thanks for visiting already and happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texan just doesn't sound right coming from you, even though you lie there....LOL
    I'm bummed your going east this year instead of out west. Well, we will just have to plan something BIG for next year. I just can't compete with THE MOUSE!!

    Your framed stitchery is beautiful, the stitching around the outside the oval really makes things stand out.

    Have a safe trip, keep Chris between the white lines.

    Krisha no# yet



    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal entry and your landscape is beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Thanks for the visit!
    donna #83

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of Buzza Motto and Googled it, how interesting - I've seen stuff in this style but didn't know it had a name.

    Your stitchery is so pretty, and looks lovely in the frame - the coloured thread going around it sets it off beautifully.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! Off to google Buzza Motto now.
    Liking your stitches. Very pretty.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buzza motto - that's something for me to research. Your pages look terrific. For some reason your blog feed hasn't been coming through on my bloglovin, so I missed a dew. Had to go searching. Enjoy Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying again to post. Never heard of Buzza motto. Will look now. Haven't gotten your blog feed through bloglovin in a few weeks so I missed some. Have fun in Disneyworld!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping to get an early start of WOYWW 259, but I'll drop by later. Thanks for all the visits from you this and last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.