Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Now what week is this. WOYWW

Here I am after four weeks of travel. We spent a week traveling to Florida to mee our daughter and fmilyat Disney world. Total visual overload. Wild an crazy! Tried to keep up journals, well sort of. Too much happening, made brief notes and now catching up. ( i should say I had gel nails put on before I left and they ar now so long I cannot type.)
Here is desk everything dumped. Journal pages completed today for Draw Your Awesome Year. Rest is vacation stuff, Waiting for a  home.

 I managed a visit to Urgent Care on day 3 in Orlando only to find I had acute bronchitis. (Second time this happened on a visit to Florida) Add to that dehydration. It was 92 degrees for first two days and on day 2 we spent day in the Magic Kingdom.  Very hot sweaty and miles of walking.  Lesson learnt. After that I was big consumer of water. It was really Fabulous.  I am a total Mouse fan. Disney world is quite incredible  It was hard to get our family to see you have to plan what you want to do.  Disney is not an extended midway (fairground to you Brits).  We did see all four parks and family manged the two water parks as well as trips to other Orlando parks.  We stayed at Fort wilderness campground and went by boat to the magic Kingdom.  It was quite exotic looking out at the natural landscape and vegetation even though I think the lake had much man made help.  Animal kingdom is my favorite in the world.  

And when I find how to transfer photos from smartphone I will post photos. Ab fab time. Time change is driving me nuts.

So now to catch up on what you have all been creating.  Hope Ms Julie is on the mend.  

18 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were traveling for 4 weeks. That's a long time. did you buy yourself some mouse ears???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing time you had (discounting the trip to the hospital). I hope you manage to upload the photos, I'd really love to see them.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it back home safely. Sounds like a fantastic trip (excluding the side trip to Urgent Card).
    Looking forward to those pictures.
    I'm not playing WOYWW this week, just to darn many things going on and next week I'll be loading the Playhouse for 10 days at Pismo.........can't wait to hit the beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun to get to trip to Disney with family! So so sorry about the bronchitis though. Glad you recovered enough to enjoy the rest of your trip! Looks like lots of fun going on at your desk!Happy WOYWW! Angie#56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a busy busy desk, love the colours in your art journal. Sounds like you had a FABulous time at Disney World. I'm with you on the red wine and chocolate too! Thanks for popping by earlier, happy WOYWW :o) Annie C #53

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your desk is so busy, full of intriguing stuff - love the colours in your art journal. Sounds like you had a FABulous time at Disney World. I'm with you on the red wine and chocolate too! Happy WOYWW :o) Annie C #53

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the bronchitis but still lots to play with here when you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great trip, except for being sick and dehydrated. I'm glad you learned to drink more water like that. We've had many trips to the ER just from being dehydrated. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy! Fun to keep a journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Disney World but it can be exhausting. Awful to start you trip with an urgent care visit. Would love to see that journal age when it is completed as the colors are to bright and bold. Diane #40

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah Monica such a busy post and also what a collection your desk.. so like mine in some ways... sounds like great holiday. happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #31 thanks for visit already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great holiday (bar the hospital part). I would love to go to Disney but we just never seem to get there when we visit the US. Looking forward to your pics.
    Sandra de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great time, minus the trip to the hospital, of course. Your desk looks a lot like mine does most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful trip! I have yet to go there, but have always wanted to. I'm sure we will get there someday! I'm glad you figured out the water thing - I always have a problem drinking enough water! Thanks for visiting my blog! Lindart #72

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great holiday, America sounds like a great place to visit, maybe on e day?
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x #45

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Great family time together! I've wanted to go to Disney World for years but it appears, only by TV. Glad you're feeling better, too! Thanks for popping by and happy belated WOYWW!
    Carol N #59

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just email the pictures I want to post from my phone. Looking forward to seeing your trip pics! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I stopped by earlier and couldn't leave a message. Some days I hate blogger.

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. You gave me a scare when I read about your trip to the ER. Orlando is a fun city if you like bugs, daily drizzles, humidity, walking, and crowds. I actually had a good time there, visiting Disney World, Universal Studios, and a fondue restaurant to DIE FOR.

    Now, to thank you beyond belief for visiting me upon your return. You have NO idea how much your continued support and encouragement means to me, even when I don't take time to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for popping by my blog and your great comments.
    Hope things are going well for you now.
    Missed seeing you this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.