Tuesday, August 26, 2014

WOYWW 273 on the road again......

It is day 2 of our journey to Chigao last night we stated at a roadside RV Park just across the texas state line, Mandeville Ar. A roadside Rv Park a field away from the Flying J. The ac ran all night burying the noise of traffic and trains. It was close to qoo F when we arrived so we went for a swim leaving the AC to cool the nest dowm. Today we are in West Memphis across the river from the Memphis of blues, Elvis and barBQ. This is an exotic park as it is right on the Mississippi River and I look out of the w.indow ans see the barges sliding down the river again the AC drowns any noise. Ot is sultry and I keep recalling bits of music about ole man river ans scenes from Show boat and expecting to see Proud Mary " rollin', rollin' rolling down the river"!

My journals accommpany me but suffer from the bumpy roads, although far smoother than California. The park has benches along the bank of the river, perfect to sit and draw except it is 92F and so humid the sweat makes the need for a water brush redundant.

Tomorrow when I link this to Miss Julia i will read all the sites and where possible comment. not too easy as the signal comes and goes. May be hard as it is supposed to be stormy in Illinois and the iCloud's weeping.

 

4 comments:

  1. too bad you couldn't have gone to Chicago last week when the weather was more tolerable--but it is suposed to be cooling down in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go on such interesting travels, Monica. I always enjoy reading about them.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed this when you posted it, Monica - lovely photos! I'm so glad you enjoyed your travels. Many thanks for visiting my blog although you are not taking part in WOYWW this week - I am feeling a lot better today - thanks for your good wishes!

    Have a great week.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been missing your posts in September. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.