Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WOYWW 277 HERE WE ARE AGAIN.

It is 4 weeks since my last post and I am happy to be back. My desk has recovered from a mild case of "tidy up" and is now comfortable and happily "creatively chaotic". 
In January i signed up for Strathmore series of free classes and in September the artist was Gay Kreiger on Watercolor Sketching and Journaling.  Its free and the 4 classes were introductory.  They were excellent.  Now I want to practice the classes and improve my journaling. 

 here is my work desk by the window as I stand wobbling on the window seat so that I can get the light behind me!.




This is my work table complete with piles.  pies of art paper, piles of instructions and piles of I do not know what to do with this stuff, a common category.


This is a practice page in my No Excuses Journal.  Gina has weekly sprouts and I sprouted apples, an oak leaf and an acorn.  All part of the practice.  


I have a lot of practice ahead on Gay's class as I have a real problem with perspective and plein air!

Now I wonder when julie will have her faithful robot post her bog so that I can look up.  Julie is the Mother Goddess of WOYWW   SO FOR A FUN TIME FINDING OUT THAT YOU ARE NOT SO CRAZY JOIN IN.



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Monica. I have to check out that watercolor class. They've been calling me and I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica, great art work,and fab desk shot. I truly understand the 'Don't know what to do with this' pile- I have a few of those going on! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #25 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to paint but sadly I'm useless. I have lots of piles of things to use later!
    Have a good weekend. Jan s. 53

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have a don't-know-what-to-do-with pile! I sure have.
    I looked at your previous blogs (this is my first visit to you. Yes, I would have liked a glass of wine, thanks for offering) and you have been travelling. Great!
    Your watercolor class sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing other things you have done with water color.
    Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
    Lisca#45

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing really well with that drawing and painting - keep at it, Monica.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your artwork and your interesting workspace. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great day and have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #69 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, was just thinking about you yesterday. I just haven't had time for WOYWW for a while, hopefully I'll get back in the swing of it as the weather (hopefully) cools down.

    Your journals are coming right along, like your sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Excuses Journal - what a funny name! Your journals look great and filled with a lot of things of your interest!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you practising your sketching - I have such a yen to draw yet just can't seem to pluck up the courage to start practising !
    Admire you for getting stuck in ! Ali #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. That course sounds like a great idea. Something like that will have to go on my bucket list, for a time when life settles down a bit. Enjoy it, and have a lovely week. Chris # 14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great artwork and love the way you photoed your desk.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 36

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have many piles of stuff I don't know what to do with!

    Great little paintings.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica,

    Great practicing there! I need to force myself to practice drawing even if it's just for 10 minutes a day. Ah well, add that to my list! I know we all have piles (and in my case boxes) of stuff that we're not sure what to do with. It's a rite of passage for all crafter's, I think.

    I can't believe it's Sunday already and I'm finally getting around to visiting.
    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (31)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Monica it is almost time for next woyww and just getting around to see your last weeks desk and so agree with on I dont know how the tides do it..

    I wonder if they are staged perhaps love the class you are taking it looks very interesting :D Shaz in Oz.x PS thanks for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed your post - your workspace is wonderful!!Thank you for sharing your desk! Have a great week Ginny M #63

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.