Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WOYWW # 282

Last week was a week were silly things aggravate you and you end up doing nothing.  The kittens are growing and have never been taught that as cats they are meant to sleep 15 hours out of every 24.  Xochitll likes playing with the keyboard and Ms Kitty is busy chewing cables, paint brushes, paper and together they chase each other around the house wrecking all in their way.  Google replied to one of Xochitl's message consisting of a word with 3 lines of "x" that "it was too long for their server (or some technical thing) to handle and could she find a short spelling!!!!"

Now to my desk and the reason we all meet every Wednesday to view desks of crafters around the world through the internet as created by the delightful Ms Julie.  Link up and join us please.  

During the part of the week I had energy, I worked on the prompt 42 for this week from Journal 52, Stencil It.  I started with the face stencil, added lines for hair, color with  distress inks and then other stencils.  It was really a play with stencils idea and to add the background color as a layer. The one shown here is my final effort as I allow myself only about 3 hours to create a journal page.  It is a way to prevent "me, myself and I" procrastinating.


 Journal 52 is free and she is going to continue with it in 2015.  I find it a real creative appetizer.  and a way to incorporate many of the materials my crafting life has acquired in the past 10 years.  this was week before Prompt 41, magic, where I used watercolors to recreate my view when mist drops down on my valley 




This is my desk.



No Excuses journal is open on last week and Draw Your Awesome Year ( DYAY) shows the October design.  Joanne Sharpe the Leader of DYAY created a scene of pumpkins for the month but they really mean nothing to me as it is too hot here in central Texas for leaves to change color or for fields of pumpkins.  So I made wine glasses for the journal spaces as it is the season for wine tastings and dinners.  

So that is what is on my work space for the last Wednesday in October.  Oh I think i forgot to mention the desk assistant, Xochitl who tells me she is protecting it from Ms K.


happy trails........


13 comments:

  1. New babies in the house....LOL. Journal pages look great, I still have my J52 to post even though I don't like the way it turned out, just too lazy today to re-do it.
    I'm not sure if I'll get around to posting for WOYWW as we are trying to get out of town tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you substituted wine for pumpkins!! those kitties are busy little beasts and I love the google message--so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, your workspace is lovely, as is your journal page. My daughter brought home three 5 month old kittens last week.

    I'm not terribly please with her.

    But they are cute!

    Happy woyww to you!
    :)trisha
    #56 this week with
    a new old stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kittie stories! I also adore the colour you have your walls painted! Awesome! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art journalling is lovely - I love how the face isn't too obvious at first and then when you spot it, it pops out of the page

    Have a good week
    KraftyKaren#58

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the journal page. I can see you have kitty company.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 34

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kitties seem to be a handful ! I am enjoying Journal 52 enormously too ! Hoping to do next year as well ! I am looking forwards to doing th stencil challenge this coming weekend & really enjoyed magic ! Ali #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your face stencil page is awesome! As Karen says: when you discover it, it pops!
    I love your assistant (Kitty)
    Have a good week,
    Thank you for letting look over your shoulder,
    Lisca#67

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pages and a cute crafting buddy. LOL! Have wonderful week! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #32

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmygosh! I LOVE your watercolor painting!! Definitely very magical!! Have fun with your journals.

    Jeannie #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like heaven to me - lovely art work to play with, and gorgeous cats to keep you company and entertained. Enjoy! Chris # 24

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kittens are so cute but do need a lot of attention. It is sometimes strange, what ideas they come up with. Thank you for showing your journal pages, I was thinking of participating next year.
    Cheers
    Gabriele 31

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome kittens. Had to go to facebook and take a peek at the close up! I had forgotten you lived down in Texas. Love all the journal pages you made. I will have to look up that free class. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I don't know how that happened because Okienurse P+T is a lot different then Vickie's Fibro blog!! I love hearing from you! Vickie #65 now #71

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.