WOYWW296

I missed last week as early in the morning hubby had to be at the Ambulatory Care Center for his tri annual colonoscopy. (it was fine).I had not slept well and getting there at 6am in the dark was a true trial. 2 hours later I took him home.  The latest anesthetic made him forget so every 5 minutes he asked the same question.   I do not do well when I am tired so it was an early night and the next day the start of my week of horror.  For 35 + years I have had Meniere's Disease and although we controlled the vertigo symptoms about 15 years ago the other symptoms rear their ugly heads to menace my life.  Over the last three months my hearing has deteriorated and Tinnitus has taken residence drowning about most audible conversation and making life miserable.  Tinnitus invites his miserable little friend over (Ear Fullness and  Loss of balance)to participate in his takeover so that at times I feel wiped out.  The Doc, with one of those long titles is really great and honest.  A week of prednisone had yielded negative results so she inserted a tube in my ear added some ear drops finally persuaded me to a diuretic, very low dose and off I trotted home.  The ear drops are a pain to insert as you have to lie 20 minutes with head down ear up! the diuretic causes constipation and that brings along it's nasty friend.  So prunes and fiber with gallons of water solved that.  So as you can see wednesday was not a good day to write on a blog.  Oh a perhaps the worst of all the cats are on a fixed feeding schedule as MS Kitty is overweight and they are in protest and destruct mode.....watch too much TV and they have seen how to protest!!!

This week  i am trying to make my journaling more fun.  The photo is of my big desk and today I through down paint to produce something like under paper. Under paper is what you put down to avoid covering all around with paint.  I use Silicone mats, thanks to Tim Holtz!, so no under paper  So I started with Gelli plate then decided that was too controlled and what you see is the result of throwing almost dried up, cheap acrylics on brown wrapping paper and spreading with a rubber gloved hand.  I should have used two gloves as the left hand and sleeve were multicolored.  rush to hair stylist for renovation, forgot to feed cats, home and remembered it is Tuesday i need to do WOYWW.  

yes it is rainy, cold and feels like UK


Then on to finish my Documented Life Project journal, ideas and now the start.

Have a great week and create lots of wonderful things. 

Comments

  1. Oh poor you!!! It sounds like a totally miserable day! As I have adopted the new phrase since my sixtieth birthday this past November, "getting older is not for the faint of heart!" :D Hang in there my sweet sister in art...
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P
    #76 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica I do hope you are feeling better, I had vertigo a year ago, awful,
    Your craft looks very bright and cheerful especially with this brightly coloured papers you are working on
    Jan S. No 55

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had chronic health issues. I hope you find some relief. Take care and keep on arting. Glad hubby is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, Monica --- I had no idea that Meniere's could last that long! My husband has had it three times now. It's nasty! He has been left with tinnitus, and the resulting hearing impairment. My voice is apparently terrible for those with hearing difficulties, so it's interesting in our house! Hugs.
    I think your creations are fab! I would think that throwing almost dried up acrylic paints at paper and having such great result would be therapeutic! :) Positive thoughts going your way for better times ahead. Thanks for visiting me, I appreciate it and the wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah a few curved balls your way of late, praying for treatments to work. Love the cheery colours! ! Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got it rough, Monica :( Sorry to read about your health problems - I hope your arting takes your mind off it somewhat.

    I'm loving your colourful papers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came over to repay the favour and see what you are up to,you sure look busy.You couldn't drag me out of the house in such weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have really been put through the wringer, haven't you? Big hugs!! One of my medications has a diuretic effect too, so I take potassium supplements to help with that. Perhaps ask him if it might help you too? Hopefully you will get more evened out, and your cats will start behaving themselves! Take care & God bless!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love using under paper or what I call clean off paper. I save them all and then use them in my mixed media projects. Thank you for sharing your desk it looks well loved with art projects. Stay well. Thank you for visiting my blog. Anita 49

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to a fellow Documented lifer, I too throughly enjoy the project and find it takes all my craft time up
    Enjoy
    Jill W

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your throw down papers. Very pretty colors. So are the ear drops working? Are they helping with the tinnitus etc?

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are ear drops to help with Tinnitus?! Ihave this sine 35 years and haven't found anything that really helped.
    Your printed pages look good, I haven't finished the DLP underpaper page because I ripped my underpaper into pieces to make a little journal and it looks so nice I am saving it.
    Hugs
    Gabriele 23

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh good grief. I hope this coming week is better for you all :( I'm amazed that you got anything remotely creative done. You are amazing.

    Carmen x #53

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely have a busy life. You put me to shame. It's all I've been able to do since I got sick to keep my head above water. Your journals seem to take over your life, don't they? I'm always impressed.

    Thanks for visiting me this week. pretty obvious I didn't play in WOYWW this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422