Tuesday, March 10, 2015

WOYWW 301

Hello everyone, sorry my post did not post last week.  Another cyber mystery no doubt foreign powers are trying to steal the secrets of a messy desk.

To those who have asked, last week was my final ear injection.  The doctor also patched up a hole in the ear drum. A surgical procedure that fortunately she is skilled at  It turns out that the hearing in my right ear deteriorated below that of the left.  SO now the current hearing aid has to be modified.  The once in the normal range right ear used to receive a Bluetooth signal from the left.  Now that is not possible so the leftie needs a "norm" aid.  The new young audiologist cobbled together a loaner as the truck delivering new supplies was stuck in the snows of Memphis.   Hopefully friday I will get the loaner.  I knew I had lost a lot of hearing but never quite got how bad it all was.  When I arrived home on Friday I heard Xochitl and MS Kitty meow for the first time. 

 Today my desk


Today involved working on my No Excuses Journal.  It is something I enjoyed last year but I wanted to move along and develop a style and rhythm.  Today felt like a move in the right direction.  My head seemed more alert and it was fun to make even though the color for the month was out of my comfort zone as well as prompt.  Pinterest is such a wonderful place to be inspired and try different things.  
this is Journal 52 where the prompt was to use colored pencils


This is DLP where the visiting artist Robin Mead used doodles then painted them over with gesso then watercolor.  I followed her steps as i wanted to see how water colors reacts to paint after drying.  plan is to try it again.  For now it is dinner and clear up time.

TO think when these two journal entries were started it was cold and gloomy. then the same this morning. Now here it is today at 4.29 pm.  SPRING HAS SPRUNG. The view from my studio window.


13 comments:

  1. I like the second set of pages with the gesso and watercolor. Very nice. And you could hear the kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous View must be distracting. I love your journal page, makes mine seem very plain in comparison but its all new to me.
    Jan S no 57

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Monica, how nice to hear your kitties meow! LOVE the journal pages and I am swooning with envy at that beautiful view you have. Cx #64

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new blog background Monica!

    Not playing this week, due to the pet crisis, just taking a few moments to comment on the blogs I regularly follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your journal pages & see how you are interpreting the themes. I am really behind but trying not to be stressed by that. Think I will just pick up & not fret about backtracking! Hope all goes well with your hearing aids and you get your sound equilibrium back in balance very soon. Ali #72

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great journal pages. Good luck with getting your sound equilibrium back on track really soon! Ali #72

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..the birds at the feeder :) It is Spring finally. Love the pages!
    Shel@paperocotillostudio #74

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to get some hearing ability back! Love your journal pages, they are so cheerful!
    Thank you for your earlier vist
    Hugs
    Gabriele 15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the ear trouble. Do you get Tinnitus? LOVE your new background too. I would love to meet you.You'd be a scream!!Love that chocoholic moment!!!
    Judy #81

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now THAT is a view Monica..how gorgeous and lovely..I cold waste hours gazing out of that window! So so glad that the ears are now patched and you can hear more..I get how you wouldn't realise how much loss there was..like when you go for an eye test and they put a new lense in and it feels like book type is slapping you in the face!
    Am rather enjoying the new look blog too....don't mind if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to hear the cats meow again! I also love your DLP page.. I'm two weeks behind on those challenges but hope to work on it some more in the next couple of days. Enjoy the spring weather! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #50

    ReplyDelete
  12. heavens Monica, where have I been? I apologize that I haven't been by sooner, but life got in the way of everything and everyone. Now that my friend Kathy has her Kings and Queens AB, and I've started to declutter my home, I can spend more time visiting. Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment. I appreciate it. Love that view you have. I'd love to have a view like that!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your flowers are gorgeous and that sun is soooo cute and the view from your studio is amazing!!

    #92

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.