SUMMER OF COLOR 5 2 Blues one green (SOC5)

Deciding to join Summer of Color was easy but designing a new blog is not. It really started when I tried to add the SOC5 logo.  Weird things happened and that continued once the blog was complete.   There is something wrong with the blog so hope this posts.

Each week for a total of six weeks we get three colors and we have to create using them.  The colors were blue and green, two blues and one green, any hue we like. 
here it is and how i came up with this is a mystery to me.



I used Tombows and used process Blue 452, cobalt blue 535 and light green 195.  I used water brush and blended to get a variations


 then i tried again using Caran D'Arche water color crayons.  Prefer these. The idea for this was the central valley of California that extends hundreds of miles from north to south. That is a chateau in the wine district as the region produces tons of wines like Gallo.  

Ok now i have to see if this works!

Comments

  1. I like what you've created. Awesome. I live in the central valley and am very familiar with Gallo Winery, etc. Happy SOC day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works! I like both of these and the little differences between them - the curving road and hills in one against the straight lines in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a genuine beauty. Both pieces are gorgeous, and both made me smile. Wine country will suit you perfectly for the first entry in SOC, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. makes me want to set off on that road to explore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pieces Monica, especially the first one. Glad that your new blog is working, but where's the orange???

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I hardly recognized the "new" blog..... but I like it......but I miss the wine glass...LOL

    Two really great SOC pages Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful watercolor using the blues & green. Thanks for stopping by to see my SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful and playful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice soc! Is the blog as you want it... could we help you in some way?

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the graphic design of these and how you incorporated the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both and how different they both are! You used this week's SOC colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both pieces are wonderful! Happy SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very different from your usual style!

    Super artwork, both of them.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the perspective you have in both but one feeling softer and the other more rigid graphic design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422