WOYWW. AUGUST 5

Last week i was unable to post and the special take home from my fabulous art retreat week with 11 women friends i met on line 6 years ago was poison ivy. By the time I arrived home it enteredmy lymphatic system and was popping up all over my body in an itchy rash. Actually i thought it was shingles. That would be far worse. Now on Prednesone so as this is the start I am wide awake. No desk to show but here is a couple of photos from our art retraet on a mountain 4,000ft high in North Carolina.

Making Citro sol images.

Using heat to make stencils

Boiled books. Or how to mistake poison ivy foy a pretty leaf shape. Every group need a dumb smuck

 

 

The gathering area

 

 

The view, well one of them

Kitchen with more boiled books waiting for the pot.

 

So have agreat day visiting everyone.

 

Comments

  1. Monica, regardless of the poison ivy, it looks like most everyone was having a wonderful time. I DO hope you get better soon, because this sounds very. very serious.

    I have never heard of boiling books. Seems weird to me. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos of your retreat. The view is stunning. Hope you're feeling a bit better now. Barb#20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, your retreat looked to be set in a beautiful area. Never heard of boiled books, and poor you with the poison ivy. Hope it's clearing up now. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we have poison ivy here. How scary that it can do that to you! I hope you had a good time despite your infection. 11

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been keeping up with your adventures on FB and I am so green with envy!
    What a green and lush view.
    What is a boiled book?
    No# haven't played along in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the poison ivy...seems like it was a great time. So many new techniques!! (Never heard of boiled books!)
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear re the poison ivy - glad you are improving. Boiled Books - never heard of such a thing :-) The retreat looked fabulous. Anne x #50

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great time was had by all! It's a great pleasure to be able to work with friends. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, hope that gets better soon. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you suffered from the poison ivy. But thank you for sharing the photos of the retreat. It looks like you had a really good time and tried some novel techniques. Beautiful view too.
    Apologies for the late comment. I've been so busy yesterday...
    A blog hug from me,
    Lisca#25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, hope you are improving each hour. Now what on earth are boiled books? I am thinking fabric withj onion skins or something similar. Sounds as if the retreat was full of great things - think I need a move over there.
    Hugs, Neet 19 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good time, minus the poison ivy! : (

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422