Tuesday, June 7, 2016

WOYWW 365

Whenever I start on a WOYwW blog it amazes me that a week has passed.  it feels like no time at all since sitting writing the previous week.  happily,  the past 3 days the sun is shining and the sky a wonderful shade of blue.  Cool mornings and hot afternoons.  Welcome summer and June.  Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary 42 years.  It was while making pages for DLJ that it really struck home despite plans for  tomorrow evening when we are out to dinner with friends. Suddenly felt the urge to produce a card for hubby. This is just a flat card, no back!
  



This week, concentrated really hard  on not messing around with uTube and Pinterest. Sort of pleased with results.

My Glue Book. First made an altered book; spending all weekend tearing out and then gluing pages 2 to 3 pages together, there are no shortcuts.  On line found a blog by a very OCD English women and with some good pointers for glueing and organizing the how.   Her book was very well done.  When reading her blog later found she had no prior experience.   So here is  the start of mine.  The plan is to add anything that tickles my fancy, no prompts, no preset ideas.  



below are the bits for the DLJ, Pacs to the right the challenge was to work with a shape and repeat it, the hearts and circles where found in my die cuts junk box.  The month long prompt is Unraveling the Past: Embracing New Beginnings  



So here is my desk following 4 days of activity.


So whats on your workspace.  i am hoping that tomorrow we find that Julie is recovering speedly and the op was a roaring success. 
So see y'all tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Monica, it is nice to see your craft space and your experiments. Lovely card for the anniversary, and the glue book looks really promising !:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely anniversary card! I got married in that year too. Then I got pregnant and was highly pregnant during the hot summer of 76. (gave birth end of August) Remember that hot summer? Or do you not live in Europe?
    I love your glue book. I assume it is a real book (an old one) that you just stick things into. Great!
    The pink ATC is about your anniversary too, isn't it (looking at the date).
    Happy Anniversary!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'awww, you old romantic, you! I love that anniversary card, what a really lovely idea. Your desk is looking great today, full of interesting things to have a peek at. Thanks for your email message, I passed it on to Julia who will rectify it when she can.
    HUgs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and hope you have a nice evening out with friends. Wishing you a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love the book. It looks like you're having fun with it. I love watching Youtube videos for ideas and then tweak them.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an achievement to be married for so long in this day and age of disposable everything, including marriage. Congratulations!
    Love all of the creativity on your desk this week. The happy summery colours brightened my wintersday.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #46

    ReplyDelete
  7. A glue book (or 'junque journal' as it is often called) is an awesome thing to make! And very inspiring to flip through when it's done... have fun with it! Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier this week. Instead of creating, I sat on my balcony reading and enjoying the good weather last week. That's why I am late with visiting woyww-friends.. but today it's raining and it's a perfect morning to visit blogs so here I am, wishing you a beautiful Sunday! Hug from Holland, Marit #30

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Happy anniversary.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving working in a glue (junk) journal. I made the journal and selected my theme pages. Look forward to seeing how yours comes together. Creative Blessings! Kelly #37

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.