Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WOYWW 391

Nine more weeks to 400 WOYWW! 
  
Well back from Galveston and trying my best to catch up on things.  The next two weeks are busy.  That means i cannot spend all my time in my studio and both Chris and I will be out a lot.  This means my un-routine will be an un-un-routine and I will have to look CAREFULLY at my calendar so I know what day it is and where I should be.

Galveston was fabulous.  we were joined by our friends Kate and Dennis this year. 

the decor in the poolside bar was obviously designed with my colors in mind! Note I did not go swimming but I sampled the goods at the bar and the pool was not full of people who looked like the people in the ads for the San Luis!



They were just finishing planting as we arrived it was a cacophony of color.  The entry hall was all decked out with Christmas figures and nodding deer, also overrun by rug rats!



This is a very small part of the buffet taken after a few glasses of wine and my first 3 courses.   this chef was slicing up duck served with a fruity sauce.  I started with salad moved on to seafood, then onto beef and some veggies.  no photos as this area was always crowded.


This is the dessert buffet. 


This is my desserts a sample of the chocolate goodies


Now isn't that yummy looking.  It tasted incredible, not too sweet and different types of chocolate in all 3 and to the left is a meringue topped lemon curd filling in a chocolate shell....... mmmmmm delish!!!!



we were seated in the garden room where they put the smaller groups.  Jazz was live with piano and bass.  All very pleasant.

we left on friday and returned to out home and cats/  Kate gave us a dozen meyer lemons from her tree and a box of her home made lemon bars.  On Saturday we made the first of two batches of lemon marmalade.  

So now to catch up with my journals.

Have a great time and tomorrow later in the day i will be checking everyone out when I link into Julie and What's On Your Workspace Wednesday.



12 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, that looks like you had a fab time. The desserts looked amazing. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xx #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. An un-un-routine is technically a routine! Good luck with your escapades! Lovely photos of your holiday - they made me hungry! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deeply envious of your being anywhere with palm trees since we woke to hard white frost this morning!

    Lovely photos - looks like you made the most of it!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #21

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trip looks like you had a great time and those desserts look really yummy. Who can say no to chocolate?

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh where to start....homemade lemon marmalade, big huge yum! Your trip to Galveston looks wonderful...the colour part of the hotel would be marvellous for me too, just look at that planting. Hope your un un routine isn't too exhausting, at this time of year I give thanks for the fact that the madness has a deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy... looks like you are having a fabulous time.
    sandra de @24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful time, Monica, well done you! And yes my mouth is watering over those chocolate delights ... yummo!!! Must've been hard to chose!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x #5

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome event!! Now I need t find something sweet!! Have a great weekend! Ginny #45

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness... that buffet looks wonderful and delicious! The photos show you relaxed and having a good time... keep it that way! Thanks for your visit earlier this week... oh, December: busy times so I'm a late with my desk visit.. have a gret weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blast you are having! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow. Those desserts! I can see a chocolate macaroon on that plate, but don't recognise the other two items. All I know is that they look scrummy!

    hope you've had a great time in Galveston!

    Morti @ 35

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.