401 WOYWW Another hot day

Today is Tuesday at 11.08 am it is 74 F now the fog has lifted.  
My desk remains a mess as i am always buried beneath half done pages for journals.  Today I finished a thank you card and a sympathy note.  I need card making classes as I find the precision of card making out of my comfort zone.   No matter what i do I get a blot of ink, a wrong spelling or something on the card.  The thank you card was different as it was for a fun friend.  Roxanne Coble(Bun) made a mini accordion book on the "make it artsy" TV show. Using her idea of and accordion book  in a match book cover, the card was completed  yesterday and finished today.  (currently being harassed by cat wanting treat).

here is is


The top is an Orbit gum box altered for the book and below is the book secured with a clip.


this process is something that calls me.  Check out her video.  

This is me on Sunday at Kuehlman Cellars wine pickup.   Not a Selfie expert!


This is the week before when we went with neighbors to Torr Na Loch winery, the view is absolutely spectacular and they make a fine Tempranillo wine using grapes from the high plains of Texas. 

So this is my catch up week.  

I plan to visit as many blogs as possible tomorrow.

Oh! keep meaning to say that there are several places I cannot comment because you use Google+.  I have signed up with this service but not sure how it works or if it will work as you have to approve. 

Comments

  1. I adore your accordian book! Superb but I LOVE your selfie...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that accordion card is wonderful!! I don't think precision is necessary for cardmaking as handmade items are so meaningful despite little imperfections. I like to think it adds character and charm! :)

    I'm in Texas, too, up in the Dallas area, and am so enjoying the wonderful sunny weather this week!

    WOYWW #41

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen one of these little books in years, they must be making a come back.....all things old are new again...eh?
    You look great......love the selfie
    We are off to Paso Robles this weekend for a wine pickup. Taking the 5th wheel and some friends and making a 4 day weekend of it.
    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica. Those book/cards are delightful. Well done! Being creative isn't about perfection, I reckon. It's about doing something special for someone to the best of our ability... So don't worry too much about the blot or the spelling.
    I can manage to comment on your google+ blog - even though I don't do google+ myself. The ones I can't comment on have a strange comments area where you have to sign in to your google+ account before it lets you do anything. Glad I can write to you, though...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work and l love the view,

    Happy WOYWDW Lilian #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ingenious idea the accordion is, I'm sure your friend will adore it. The contrasts in your eyecatching - you should do something art related with it! The winery picture is stunning! The weather looks so good! I'm in southern England and currently getting lashed with wind and rain and minus temperatures! Hope I get some of that sun soon! Thank you for sharing your wonderful art, and I hope you have a great week - EmbroidRage #8 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google plus is a mystery to me, even though I signed up because blogger made me! am so happy to see you in the Texas sunshine, what a great photo! I love the way you've done the gum box, and hey, you don't need lessons for sure, it's just your style to be inky!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the selfie! the accordion book is gorgeous. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. The box looks interesting. Your weather looks better than ours Lol! Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely project that mini book, Monica ...going to save on my todolist. I love your selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Monica. Thank you for the visit this week. I am partial to my Texas bloggers. Texas is my heart. I've only visited one winery in TX but I promote musicians that play at another regularly... Torre di Pietra in Fredricksburg. Your accordion book came out great! Creative Blessings! Kelly #35

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422