309 WOYWW; A BIG MESS

Hello everyone and welcome to WOYWW on 4/5/17.  last Wednesday passed before i caught up with it.  So today I am prepared for tomorrow!

Following a day of Gelli printing (mono-printing), well just a few hours, my desk is leading a cacophonous wave from desktop to window seat.   The eternal quest to clean it up will follow a short intermission while i write this post.  Hubby is reeling from a cold, it is more of a withdrawal, the cats were spooked by Sunday morning storm and remain in the spooky aura.  I am fumbling around.  Just caught up on Documented Life journal and Wanderlust  2017 and have managed to eradicate myself from the site.  It is like being excommunicated as it doesn't even ask for my password.  My password is in the 999th edition of my "Passwords Tome"!, a very close companion.
I do hope to be able to visit everyone tomorrow and be inspired by the many art and craft  wonders under construction.

My work area today


my window seat....the Gelli Plate gallery the second basket on the left contains my studio assistant, in her most helpful position.



below is an entry in my Wanderlust journal.  I am loving this year long course.  Last Saturday Kasia Avery had a live video class.  It was wild!  Really fun, its now a facebook video.

Gelli printing with nature using leaves.  This time it was nice to have a selection of leaves as everything has leafed out.  


My other journal is in a state of betwixt and between as i await the arrival of the box of binders.  it is a 6 x 8, 3 ring binder. It is a good journal size, so ordered 6.     The Binders are coming by Fed Ex whose greatest accomplishment is to send every package to Mesquite Texas that is north east of here and take longer than US postal service, they never  stop to ring a door bell and just dump parcels.  This weekend I want to  paint all the binders I have that are filled and minus decoration; then organize by year all my journals.

So there we are a brief glance into life of a retiree on a hilltop in central Texas.  Where  today it is 82 F (27.78 C) sunny and bright.  have an arty weekend, and enjoy a glass of wine with good friends.

Comments

  1. I understand that messy table well Monica!! It starts out nice and clean and by the end of a project there is only an inch of space to work in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it this week and hope hubby and the cats are better soon. Love that left hand blue leaf gelli print page in your journal, it's gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, smiled at your 'passwords tome' I think we all have these. Great to see all the Gelli prints. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS the one drawback of geliprinting - THE MESS!! and it all takes up a lot of space while its all drying. Looks fab though and well worth it. Hope hubby is feeling better.
    Have a lovely week. Soojay 28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post, desk and pix

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely art you are creating there and in such beautiful weather too. I think we have some warm temperatures heading to the UK at the weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs Lisax #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gelli printing is so fun! Your journal pages are very nice. Have a great week. Dorlene #37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Gelli prints! Great leaf prints! We don't have nice leaves like that here Your desk is nice and busy! Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a great week!
    Carol N #31

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gelli prints are wonderful, especially the leaf prints. And you must have really worked your studio assistant hard to be so pooped out! Loving your Wanderlust journal entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journal pages. I love the nature gelli printing.

    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely weather you are having! We are at 4 C today. I've never tried Geli printing, but it sure looks like fun! Your Wonderlust page is awesome! I like the leaf prints too. Your little helper certainly looks snug and cozy! A glass of wine and good friends sounds like a lovely weekend, I'm all for it! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunny and bright here too, but a little cooler, still, very happy with it! You've actually been really busy, love the leaf gelli prints, like sun printing in colour! And as for the passwords tome...I've just about finished writing up my latest incarnation....happy to know I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422