Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week411 of WOYWW

A big thank you to Kelly who noted i was posting this with wrong week  !

Hello everyone, its a bright clear, sunny day here in the Texas hill country.  Xochitl is recovered from her vet visit(ordeal would be her word) to the vet and her treatment for hair balls.  She received a bag of new healthy treats completing her return to health.  Today she is in full lizard capturing mode.  We have rescued one complete with tail.

I am busy working on Wanderlust.   This is is my first attempt using acrylics as they were intended and trying to follow the instructors video.  Since she was teaching a mermaid you can see I kind of missed !


Since everything was out I went on to set up a background for several journal covers.  here they are drying on the window seat.  no-one has ever sat on the window seat, it is uncomfortable.  so it now serves a purpose.


note work space, the silicone mat is there!!!!  yes i am clearing it up but the urge to communicate with the wandering desk watchers was too great to ignore.


So here you have if for this week.  My time to visit is about 1 pm here, after gym and shopping.  this means  in UK it is 7 pm.  

Have fun with WOYWW

8 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, it's good to go with what works for you- it's your art, after all! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That window seat is certainly useful as a drying area. Love the massive silicone mat you have on your work surface too; much easier for cleaning up. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. great picture well done, Love the use of the window seat,

    Happy WOYWDW Lilian B #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, any flat surface is an alternative art drying area!! I love your cat; since this was my first person painting, I figured I'd follow her just to get a feel for it; but my mermaid face was an epic fail! LOL! Have a great week.
    -K #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. The expression on the cats face is so endearing - I love it! :)
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desk looks like it's ready and waiting for you tp get started again. Nice to have a drying area too. Happy crafty week and wishing you a lovely woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your painting very much... You go girl! Just go your own way and paint cats instead of mermaids. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday, I send you sunshine from the Netherlands and a big hug, Marit #20

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cat painting! The cat looks so serene! Glad you found a use for a previously unused part of your room, too bad the window seat is uncomfortable - I've always wanted one! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.