Wednesday, May 24, 2017

416 8 year anniversary WOYWW

Congrats Julia for such a happy achievement .  It is terrific fun to see what people do , to find there are people who are messy like me and there are neat nicks.  The latter, alas, were always held up as model by everyone from mother, teachers and bosses.  Well maybe one nun who offered the observation that "outta sight was out of mind!!!!"  A philosophy I subscribe to.

Yesterday I was totally confused and thought it was Wednesday!!! wondered all day where this blog was.  I worried too after the awful event in Manchester.  My roots run back to that great city where the people are so kind.  My heart goes out to all of you who are grieving and hurting.

This is written before I read Julie's post or anyone else.  Just know you are all in my heart.

Here is my desk,




My room is like this after furious search for lost journal.

This week worked on a Kate crane class on patchwork.  I saw it more as cray quilting.

I enjoyed doing it so much I made a pocket for my journal using the technique.


well that is it for today.

hugs Monica #41

13 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, love the vibrant colours in your 'quilt'. Have a lovely week, Love & Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW and I love your patchwork - I haven't done this yet (let's face it I haven't done any of them!) but this one I really loved and WILL do at some stage....hopefully before our 9th anniversary! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to glom onto your book and peruse its richly toned pages! So yummy and interesting looking!
    Happy 8th to you!
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden #50

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! That cat stencil is adorable! :)
    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #36
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-416.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique! Love all the colours.

    Happy WOYWW anniversary
    Sharon K #37

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica. Trust you found the journal! Happy 8th WOYWW anniversary. I love your patchwork piece!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you repeated the sentiment on the patchwork piece a lot :) ~Stacy #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 8th Anniversary! I Hate when those pesky journals sneak away! I have 2 currently AWOL. Your patchwork piece came out great! I'm still trying to get the small piece done before we do the large piece this week. Have a great week.
    -K #39/40

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to stop by and thank you for the beautiful comment you left on the passing of my friend. It was so thoughtful of you. I'm sorry I didn't get back to thank you until now.

    I really adore that journal and the page that has so much color and patterns.

    Sorry I'm late in visiting. I spent today with my friend's children before they leave for CA early tomorrow morning, so had to be away from the computer. Happy 8th Anniversary from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your patchwork journal page! And the stencil cats - just up my alley! Hope you find your lost journal (or is that it on the table?). I also have that stencil you have on your table! Thanks for your visit, Inky says "thank you!", but I know she thinks she's gorgeous too! Happy 8th WOYWW anniversary! Lindart #51

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the patchwork mixed media piece. I imagine it would lend itself to so many techniques. Thanks for visiting me earlier and have a lovely week.
    sandra de @28

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely patchwork piece. It's really different. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for sharing. Sarah #27

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't have acces to a computer last couple of days so I'm very, VERY late visiting desks and celebrating the 8th anniversary... anyway, here I am! I love the patchwork-page... it looks fun and bright! Thanks for visiting my blog last week, it's so nice to be part of this lovely group of crafters. Hooray, hooray and on to another year of 'desking' and crafting! Hug from Holland, Marit #29

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.