Tuesday, July 4, 2017

WOYWW 422

SO EXCITED     back again working.  tried everything cleaned and cleared and just left it; we had problems with TVs and computers so we turned all off and unplugged etc.  All electronics seem to go out in 2 year period.  It was Good-by to Sunshine my yellow beetle and hello red rider, a new Hyundai Sonata with a lot of gadgets that may take the rest of my days on earth to commit to memory! Today is July 4th and not a trace of red white and blue.  Mostly because the morning was spent posting icad on Instagram and a very plodding piece of social media it is after Facebook.  


This is for the Wanderlust Class of Rae Messigman.  She really teaches very well with great detail.  The pieces at the front are the covers of the book, she used department envelopes but they are not available in our small town.  Behind them are the signatures.  She likes to paint the folios as she does not like blank pages.  I am not afraid of blank pages just a blank mind.  I went along with her ideas as splashing around with paint is a real joy to me.  I dumped all the stuff done on tissue paper in the Gelli plate creations storage basket.  An attempt to be tidy. 

Since it is now a few years my Wednesday is spent in visiting UK and other countries  creative , that's all of you in WOYWW, I have started drinking tea every, afternoon and indulging in a chocky bikkie.( those 2 words send Mr Google into orbit, and placed Spell Checkers on over time).  I drink PG Tips, get it in this wee hamlet of kerrville.  The Chocolate digestive biscuit was replaced several bags ago with Hershey's Chocolate layer Crunch....sinful.
Ah no more photos.  Will post while at least one works
have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the statement "I am not afraid of a blank paper but of a blank mind"! So great!!What is a chocky bikkie? Inquiring minds want to know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recognized this class! I liked her gelli printing method on tissue paper! Sadly, we don't have these yellow envelopes in Britain, but I'm sure I'll find something similar. Loving your backgrounds and doodles! Have a great week! zsuzsa #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, love the artwork. So vibrant. Love it when spellchecker gets angry over words.Hate auto correct on my phone though. I know what I mean to write! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #11XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A cup of Rosie" (slang term... "Rosie-Lee" means "A cup of tea") and choccie-biccies!?!? You're so very very Anglified.
    Have a wonderful Wednes-YAY!
    Bubbles #7
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/woyww-422.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW #422 thanks for sharing xx Jan (31)

    ReplyDelete
  6. technology is great when it works! I loved Rae's class, hope to do some of it one day... ha ha again. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, Monica - what a week you are having. Those two pages are great - love the colours - but I'm with you - don't mind white space usually.
    Thanks for the visit - now sit yourself down with a panad (that's a Welsh cuppa) and enjoy CHOCOLATE!!! Hmm - panad - another word spell checker goes wild over!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous artwork you have on show there. I am definitely afraid of a blank mind but it comes and goes! Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting journal idea - I may steal it! I don't usually pre-prepare the pages either, but for some people, facing a blank page is really difficult! I will look into Rae Messigman further! Thanks for sharing (sorry I'm late!), Lindart #37

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree tea is to wet without a wee chocky bikkie..Yum to see us through the day...Your pages are amazing... Love the busy desk... May#4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monica I am loving those envelopes - what a riot of colour! You did make me chuckle with your PG Tips and choccy biccies. Have you tried chocolate hobnobs? Ohhhhh myyyy!

    Thanks you so much for your lovely words over at mine. And I'm sorry I'm so late - hoping to get you in time before THIS wednesday :)

    As for instagram - now that I've got the hang of it I love it way more than FB. My FB seems to be a load of moaning at the moment where insta is just pretty images to look at. Whats your name on there? I'll try and find you.

    Carmen x #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great WOYWW Have a great week xx Jan (26)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.